- Examine the status of Membership on an ongoing basis; make recommendations for new policies/eligibility/category refinements
Propose and develop new programs and services for professional Members (Provisional RGDs, Affiliates, Certified RGDs)
- Develop new and refine existing tools and resources available to professional Members, in particular our Webinars, Video Archive, RGD Handbook and RGD Directory
- Assist with the coordination and update of supplier discounts and special offers for Members
- Those interested in joining the Committee should fill out the online form: Get Involved with RGD.
- Click here for a list of initiatives and other ways to get involved with the Committee's activities
- Interest in and/or understanding of RGD membership categories and policies.
- Time to contribute to the work of the committee via email feedback, teleconference discussions and independent and group work.
- Must be a Certified RGD, Provisional RGD or Affiliate Member (Affiliates can serve for up to 1 year, during which time they are required to become Certified if they wish to remain on a Committee.)
Board & Committee Member Guide
- Develop and design a Guide to help new and existing Committee Members to understand the structure of the RGD, policies and expectations for serving on a Committee or the Board.
- Develop a repository of standard forms and agreements, sample policies, sample RFPs, job descriptions and other materials that Members are currently using that other Members would find useful access.
- Make recommendations and develop resource for new Members to understand all that the RGD has to offer.
- Proposal involved creation of a new quarterly virtual event where new Members can meet existing Members and watch a presentation that provides details and where they can ask questions.
So(cial)Good Design Awards
- Assist with the development of this program in 2022.
- Goals include a review of the categories, criteria, details for the 2022 Awards, assist with identifying and inviting judges. Other tasks include helping to identify and organize exhibiting venues, identifying “prizes”.
- This RGD event was previously run over a full Saturday in design studios across Canada. At the event Student and Provisional RGDs with an RGD Mentor/Creative Director worked on design projects for non-profits.
- Make recommendations for presenting the event virtually and will assist with running one or more events. This involves outlining the event structure, expectations for non-profits, RGD Mentors and participants as well as reviewing non-profit applications, inviting Mentors and assisting with recruitment of participants.