At the 12th annual DesignThinkers Conference, the industry’s leading visual communicators connect to discuss how design builds relationships between organizations, products and people.
Presented by the Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD), DesignThinkers takes place November 2-3 in Toronto.
“The pace of change around the world continues to accelerate, but it is our ability as graphic designers to imagine and implement what is new, innovative and meaningful that sustains us,” says Lionel Gadoury R.G.D., President of RGD. “DesignThinkers 2011 is fuel for creative minds, igniting inspirations and blasting us forward to explore emerging trends.“
This year’s diverse speaker lineup includes:
- Deborah Adler (NY) - Clients include Johnson & Johnson and Target
- Principals and Partners of Chermayeff & Geismar
- Steve Edge (London) - Clients include Cartier and Dior
- Stanley Hainsworth (Seattle) - Former Creative Director, Starbucks
- Jessica Hische (NY) - Clients include Barnes & Noble and Kellogg’s
- Rei Inamoto of AKQA (San Francisco) - Clients include Nike, Xbox and Visa
- Chip Kidd (NY) - Book designer and best-selling author
- George Lois (NY) - Campaigns include “I Want My MTV”
- Richard Morrison (London) - Titles designer for Batman and A Fish Called Wanda
- William Poundstone (NY) - Author of "The Myth of Fair Value"
- Robert Wong (NY) - Executive Creative Director at Google Creative Lab
- Eric Ryan (San Francisco) - Founder of environmentally-pioneering company method
RGD is the professional body for graphic designers in Ontario. It sets standards of professional practice and grant the RGD designation to designers who pass a strict criteria including portfolio review and test.
- 30 -