With record-breaking attendance of over 1,500 at the conference, 375 at the Studio Open Doors and enough social media participation for our #rgdDT hashtag to trend on Twitter, DesignThinkers 2012 was by far the biggest yet.
Another first? This year RGD was pleased to welcome our most international audience ever.
Attendees had the opportunity to connect and be inspired over four days of presentations, panel discussions, workshops, evening events, exhibits, studio tours and more. To see pictures, check out RGD’s Flickr page.
“Thank you to all who helped make the 2012 DesignThinkers conference so spectacular,” said conference speaker Jason Tselentis. “The venue you chose was great, the speakers were inspirational and educational, and all of the attendees were enthusiastic about each and every component.”
- Chris Simmons, Principal of MINE™ giving a big smooch (on the lips no less!) to Sean Adams, co-founder of AdamsMorioka for his inadvertent help in getting him his first job
- Stefan Sagmeister of Sagmeister & Walsh screening the first 12 minutes of his highly-anticipated “The Happy Film” and evoking a standing ovation
- Justin Ferrell, Fellowships Director at Stanford’s D.School leaving his audience with reportedly sore hands and throats after a rambunctious game of Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Inspirational stories of coming “full circle” from Pentagram UK’s Harry Pearce
- The crowd-pleasing Sean Adams bringing the audience to hysterics over his purposely-terrible design for Mexico Restaurante & Barra
According to Leona Guidace of Adobe’s Higher Education Community, “the event was quite simply amazing.”
Through partnerships with TIFF, The Gladstone, PechaKucha Toronto, the Adobe Design Achievement Awards, CreativeMornings Toronto, DesignMeets Toronto and others, related events ran throughout the week. RGD is encouraged by the growing level of external support and participation and what this will mean for the conference in years to come!
Many of the DesignThinkers presentations were recorded and are available for viewing by RGD Members through Vimeo.
- 30 -