The results are available online, free for all. Visit www.creativeearners.ca to download a PDF of the Executive Summary Report, available in English and French. Or explore the findings in an interactive format by downloading the first-ever iPad version of the results, available at no cost in the App Store. Design and development generously provided by Grip Limited.
Through the participation of 2,890 professionals from across the country, this report provides insight into the financial trends facing the creative sector in Canada and offers a summary of the current status of communication design professionals - who they are, what their place is and where they think the industry is headed.
CreativeEarners stats include:
- 63% of creative business owners plan to hire full-time staff in the next 12 months
- 36% of advertising professionals receive bonuses
- Average hourly rate is $63.59 for social media freelancers, vs. $73.46 for freelancers in mobile development
- 71% of individuals working in the creative industry are not paid overtime
- 45% of business owners will seek out the most environmentally-friendly materials
- Average full-time freelance income is $43,168
- Median salary for an Art Director in Canada is $60,500
...and much more!
RGD would like to extend a thank you to the following organizations that supported research into the Canadian creative economy by sponsoring the CreativeEarners initiative:
Creative Niche – Title Partner
Grip Limited – Design Partner
Design Edge Canada – Media Partner
Somerset Graphics – Print Partner
Anstey Book Binding – Bindery Partner
RGD would also like to thank the following promotional supporters, who helped us achieve such a high survey response rate, resulting in findings that are accurate and representative: