RGD Members are invited to apply for inclusion in the RGD Speaker Bureau, a curated resource where thousands of conference organizers, media, and event planners search, evaluate and connect with industry experts.
This initiative of RGD's PR Committee delivers on the Association's commitment to be a hub for graphic design and a source of information on graphic design beyond our own industry. "The RGD Speaker Bureau has the potential to become a great resource, showcasing the breadth of knowledge, experience and insight of our members," says PR Committee Chair Kenn Waplington RGD. "As the program grows, we look forward to broadening the scope of topics, design disciplines, and geographical regions represented."
Participants can create expert profiles showcasing biographical information and past speaking experience, including audio/video content and topic descriptions. This profile can also be integrated within participants' company or personal websites.
The Speaker Bureau is incorporated into the 'Talent' section of the RGD website and currently includes eight experienced RGD speakers, with more confirmed to be updated soon.
Reasons to join:
- Connect to conference organizers and media in over 100 countries and reach clients such as the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association, IDC, TV Ontario, PMG, Conference Board of Canada and Constant Contact
- Help position RGD as a thought leader advancing our field and the expertise of our membership
- Establish your position on important and emerging topics and be recognized as an expert speaker by business and the public
The cost to participate is an annual fee of $135 directly to Speakerfile (regular fee $250).
RGD Members interested in signing up for the Speaker Bureau are invited to submit one or more of the following, as available:
- List of past speaking engagements (including name of event, audience, and description of topic covered)
- Video or audio recording of a past speaking engagement
- Testimonial or reference from organizer or attendee of past speaking engagement
- 2-3 topics you would be interested in covering for future talks
Inclusion in the Speaker Bureau is available exclusively to full RGD Members and will be based on a number of factors, including regional distribution, diversity of topics covered, and level of experience.
RGD will also be sourcing speakers for our ongoing Design At Work Speaker Initiative, whereby the Association will submit proposals for RGD presentations at conferences with client audiences.