Registered Graphic Designers and Provisional RGDs have the opportunity to mentor emerging design professionals through RGD's Mentorship Program. With a minimal time commitment, the program provides a chance to connect and engage with emerging industry professionals who can benefit from your unique insight. Working with a new designer who has a fresh perspective on the industry might be a chance for you to learn something too!
"The RGD Mentorship program provided an opportunity for me to give back to a profession that has been valuable in my life. It's a chance to offer direction and guidance to an individual at a challenging point in their career evolution, when they can benefit the most from the support and insight of someone who has been there,” says Peter Scott RGD, Principal of q30 design inc. and RGD Mentor.
- 1 to 6 one-hour sessions
- Offering expert feedback on portfolios, résumés, etc.
- Enhancing self-esteem, self-confidence and maturity of protégés
- Providing information on further training and job hunting techniques
- Encouraging ethical and professional practice
Who's eligible to a Mentor:
- Certified RGD Members
- Provisional RGD Members
- Senior professionals referred by Certified RGDs
Click here for more details