TORONTO, Aug. 28, 2013 – For more than a decade, the Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD) has hosted the DesignThinkers Conference, uniting creative professionals from a range of disciplines in a journey into the processes of design and innovation. The 14th annual event takes place November 6 and 7, 2013 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Visionaries from across North America and beyond will share key insights into the future of design, design thinking, creativity and innovation with an audience of over 1,300 creative directors, design managers, design practitioners, educators and students.
The line-up includes:
- Chris Chapman, Global Creativity & Innovation Director, Disney, Los Angeles, CA
- Darhil Crooks, Creative Director, The Atlantic, Washington, DC
- Nicholas Felton, Founder of Daytum.com & Facebook designer, New York, NY
- Karin Fong, Co-Founder & Creative Director, Imaginary Forces, Los Angeles, CA
- Chloe Gottlieb, SVP, Exec. Creative Director, Experience Design, R/GA, New York, NY
- Michael Gough, VP, Experience Design, Adobe, San Francisco, CA
- James Griffin, Head of Mobile Design, Thomson Reuters, New York, NY
- Cyrus Highsmith, Type designer, clients: Ford & starwars.com, Boston, MA
- John Kieselhorst, Co-founder & Chief Design Officer, Made Movement, Boulder, CO
- Saki Mafundikwa, Founder, Zimbabwe Institute of Vigital Arts, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Peter Mendelsund, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy book designer, New York, NY
- Morag Myerscough, Founder, Studio Myerscough, London, UK
- Bruce Nussbaum, Author, Creative Intelligence, New York, NY
- Elizabeth Pastor, Co-founder, Humantific & Director, UnderstandingLab, New York, NY
- Dmitri Siegel, VP, Global E-Commerce, Patagonia, Los Angeles, CA
- Alex Trochut, Illustrator, clients: Katy Perry, Nike & The Rolling Stones, Barcelona, ES
Complete profiles for all speakers can be viewed at designthinkers.com/speakers.aspx.
Through partnerships with TIFF, York University, Rotman School of Management and others, the conference also boasts parties, workshops, studio tours, and the first-ever Design Educators Conference on November 8.
About the Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD)
Representing over 3,000 members, RGD is a hub for the graphic design community, promoting knowledge sharing, continuous learning, research, advocacy and mentorship.