Registered Graphic Designers (members who have achieved the full professional RGD designation) are invited to put their names forward as possible judges for RGD's 2014 Student Awards Program.
This year, RGD will present $17,000 in cash awards to Students across Canada in recognition of design excellence.
How it works:
- Following the May 9 deadline for entries, Student Award judges are sent an email linking to the Student submissions to be reviewed
- Judges are asked to select up to ten top submissions on which they would like to provide feedback
- Each judge will fill out an online scoring form with feedback for the submissions they have selected
- Scores from all judges are tabulated to identify the students who will be recognized as winners of the 2014 Awards
Winning entries will be featured in a printed piece to be distributed with DesignEdge Magazine.
Winners will be selected in the following categories:
9 AWARDS OF SPECIALTY ($1,000 each)
- Bell Media Award for Motion Graphics
- Entro Award for Placemaking Design
- Forge Award for Information Design
- Harlequin Award for Print Design
- Milestone Integrated Award for Digital Marketing Design
- Normative Award for Interaction Design
- Parcel Award for Typographic Design
- q30 design Award for Brand Design
- Shikatani Lacroix Award for Packaging Design
8 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE ($1,000 each)
- 50 Carleton Award for Northern Ontario
- Bureau Award for Northern Ontario
- Cineplex Digital Solutions Award for Western Ontario
- Cinnamon Toast Award for Eastern Ontario
- Cundari Award for Greater Toronto Area
- Empire Life Award for Eastern Ontario
- Quarry Communications Award for Western Ontario
- Tamm + Kit Award for Greater Toronto Area
To put your name forward as a potential judge for the 2014 Student Awards and to explore other opportunities for getting involved with RGD, fill out our online form.
*be sure to select the check box for 'Judging the 2014 RGD Student Awards' to be considered as a possible judge
For more information about the 2014 RGD Student Awards, click here.