TORONTO, CANADA, August 18, 2014 – The Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 Student Awards.
RGD's Student Awards program brings industry professionals together with emerging designers to promote excellence and encourage the next generation of design professionals to the highest levels of creativity, innovation and conceptualization. This year RGD received over 250 high quality submissions from graphic design students across Canada.
"The work I saw in the RGD Student Awards this year was exceptional.” said Karen Satok RGD, Vice President of the RGD Education Committee. “It was not only refreshing to see, but also inspiring. The quality and attention to detail was well beyond a student level. Congratulations to everyone who submitted!"
To date, RGD has distributed over $229,000 in cash awards to graphic design students in recognition of their outstanding achievements. Thank you to the generous industry leaders who have made it possible to reward this years winning entrants with prizes of $1,000 each.
Winning entries will also be featured in a printed catalogue to be distributed with Designedge Magazine and showcased in the Student Awards Exhibit, which will be on display at the Toronto Pearson International Airport from September 18 to November 3, 2014
Winners of Awards of Excellence:
- Kelly Ann McNamara - 50 Carleton Award of Excellence Northern Ontario
- Gaetan Godin - Bureau Award of Excellence Northern Ontario
- Anna Odeh - Empire Life Award of Excellence Eastern Ontario
- Nick MacDougall - Cinnamon Toast Award of Excellence Eastern Ontario
- Cecilia Uhr - Cundari Award of Excellence GTA
- Tiffany Chan - Tamm + Kitt Award of Excellence GTA
- Morgan Rose - Cineplex Digital Solutions Award of Excellence Western Ontario
- Zak Hannah - Quarry Award of Excellence Western Ontario
- Alex Bakker - Signals Award of Excellence Western Canada
Winners of Awards of Specialty:
- Helén Marton, “The Textile Museum of Canada (TMC)” - q30 design Award for Brand Design
- Sarah Minor, “What’s #YourCall?” - Milestone Integrated Award for Digital Marketing
- Lin Oosterhoff, “KYKLOS” - Forge Award for Information Design
- Haiqing Lu, “Familr” - Normative Award for Interaction Design
- Nora Leca, “A Designer's Arsenal” - Bell Media Award for Motion Graphics
- Cecilia Uhr, “WHITEBITES” - Shikatani Lacroix Award for Packaging Design
- Ansel Schmidt, “Graphic Design Graduate Exhibition 2014” - Entro Award for Placemaking
- Alex Bakker, “Wabi-Sabi: A beauty of things unconventional” - Harlequin Award for Print
- Marie-Andree Pelletier-Cyr, “Montreal Racket Club” - Parcel Award for Typography
About the Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD)
Representing over 3,000 members, RGD is a non-profit organization that promotes industry knowledge sharing, continuous learning, research, advocacy and mentorship.