Discussions cover experiences in the industry, the creative process, types of work and the day to day activities associated with different design fields and career paths. Design Disclosures events are free and open to all to attend.
George Brown College will host Design Disclosures: Advertising on Wednesday, October 1 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm featuring the following speakers:
- Barb Williams RGD, Executive Creative Director at RAPP
- Steven Tiao, Art Director at Leo Burnett Toronto
- Kammy Singh, Associate Art Director at Context Creative
RSVP on Facebook to attend.
Host Design Disclosures at your school!
If you're interested in hosting a Design Disclosures event, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Decide on a theme that your fellow students would be interested in hearing about and identify some possible speakers (with the help of RGD!) and questions you would like to ask
- Select a date and time that will be convenient for both speakers and students wishing to attend
- Book a room at your school that can accommodate the expected number of attendees, make sure the necessary A/V equipment is available (projector screen, computer, internet access, etc.)
- Send invites to speakers (after confirming and coordinating with RGD)
- Promote the event at your school and via social media
- Check and double check that all of the details are in place before the day of the event
- Learn and network with experienced designers, and enjoy the event!