RGD's LinkedIn Group provides a forum for creative professionals to discuss issues and connect with a community of informed, experienced designers.
If you need suggestions or insight on new products or if you're looking for someone with expertise in a specific area, the RGD LinkedIn community is strongly recommended. This group is a unique outlet that provides quality information from industry professionals open to sharing their knowledge, experience and netw.
Join a Discussion
In our dynamic, collaborative industry, LinkedIn discussions provide a great opportunity to connect with fellow professionals, share advice with colleagues and consider industry practices, resources and tools
Recent RGD LinkedIn Discussion Questions:
- "Technically, if you are being asked to execute a design solely as an assessment of your ability—and it will not be used for commercial purposes—it is not spec work. (from the new handbook)
In my own personal opinion however, if this is a potential freelance client, it highlights a trust issue. If they can’t trust you that your previous work is proof of your ability, what kind of professional relationship are you entering into? Simply put: for me, it’s a red flag.
- They're as accurate as the surveyors' responses. I would hope that they are honest answers—serving the greater good. But in the end, it is what it is. But with ranges in place, broken down by region and other sectors and segments, one can interpret their own learnings. Hopefully, it serves its key purpose.
- Great job finishing up your portfolio! There's no obvious red flags that I see, but I do have some suggestions that could help you out:
- I would probably add some sort of previous/next navigation to your work so you're able to quickly flip through your pieces.
- I don't really see the use of having a search button considering your website is on the smaller scale. I tried searching "branding" and nothing came up in the results.
Other discussions in the RGD LinkedIn Group:
Receive RGD Updates
In addition to the Group, RGD's Company Page on LinkedIn features updates from the Association including Case Studies, Featured RGDs, Upcoming Events, Discounts and more. Make sure to follow this page to keep track of RGD news and programming.
Highlight Your Designation
To take advantage of LinkedIn's networking potential and identify your RGD designation to other industry professionals, make sure your profile is set up according to the format outlined here: http://www.rgd.ca/2013/07/30/members-invited-to-explore-new-rgd-linkedin-page.php