DEADLINE EXTENDED: May 16th, 2014
Enter the RGD Student Awards to win cash prizes and have your work profiled in a printed piece sent with DesignEdge Magazine! RGD asks for submissions of your best work submitted as pdfs online. There is no entry fee; no original work need be created; and there are no costs to put a submission together! To date, RGD has distributed more than $223,000 in cash awards to students in recognition of their outstanding design achievements and to encourage excellence in our field.
This year, RGD presents $17,000 in cash awards in all areas of communication design. To enter, submit your three best pieces. Students across Canada are eligible for nine $1,000 awards of specialty. Students in Ontario are also eligible for one of two $1,000 Awards of Excellence in their region. (A Student may win up to $2,000 in cash awards in a given year.)
There is no entry fee but you must be a Student Member of RGD or SDGQ to enter. We invite post-secondary students from across Canada to find about becoming Student Members at www.rgd.ca/membership/student.php.
9 AWARDS OF SPECIALTY ($1,000 each)
- Bell Media Award for Motion Graphics
- Entro Award for Placemaking Design
- Forge Award for Information Design
- Harlequin Award for Print Design
- Milestone Integrated Award for Digital Marketing Design
- Normative Award for Interaction Design
- Parcel Award for Typographic Design
- q30 design Award for Brand Design
- Shikatani Lacroix Award for Packaging Design
8 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE ($1,000 each)
- 50 Carleton Award for Northern Ontario
- Bureau Award for Northern Ontario
- Cineplex Digital Solutions Award for Western Ontario
- Cinnamon Toast Award for Eastern Ontario
- Cundari Award for Greater Toronto Area
- Empire Life Award for Eastern Ontario
- Quarry Communications Award for Western Ontario
- Tamm + Kit Award for Greater Toronto Area
RGD (and SDGQ) Student Members graduating between April 1, 2014 and October 1, 2015, are eligible to enter. Any student enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program in Canada is eligible for RGD Student Membership. Go to www.rgd.ca/membership/student.php for details.
Step 1: Fill out the online entry form HERE - https://rgdhub.wufoo.eu/forms/student-awards-form-2014/
Step 2: Upload your digital files at RGD’s ftp site
For further Submission Details, download our PDF.
Award-winning creative professionals from across Canada will select the winning work. Students are eligible to win up to two Awards.
RGD will notify winners by email in July. Winners will be required to submit proof of their continued membership or affiliation with RGD for the coming year to claim their award.
Image credit: Design & Illustration: AmoebaCorp.