Enter the RGD Student Awards to win cash prizes and have your work profiled in a printed piece!
DEADLINE EXTENDED: MAY 13, 2016
Projects must be submitted by 12 AM, Pacific Time, on May 13, 2016.
Any Student enrolled full-time in a post-secondary design or design-related program in Canada is eligible to enter. RGD Student Members enter free (Student Membership is $30 plus tax). Non-Members may pay a $25 entry fee to enter.) Become a Student Member at www.rgd.ca/membership/student.php.
Any student work may be submitted. Please review the descriptions of the Awards of Specialty below to determine in what categories your projects best fit. Then consider projects that are strong in your use of colour, typography, strategy, accessible design principles, social good awareness and/or user experience to be considered for these National Awards of Excellence. You are automatically considered for a Regional Award of Excellence if you submit 3 projects and there is an Award in your region.
HOW TO ENTER
(1) Go to www.judgify.me/rgdstudentawards
(2) Click 'Submit an Entry' and create a New User account. (Note: your RGD Member login will not work on this page. You must create a new account to log in to Judgify)
(3) Submit up to 3 entries through our online submission forms.
(4) For each project you enter, define the client and/or target audience. Describe how your design solution is relevant to them.
(5) For each entry, submit no less than 1, no more than 6, images of your project (1,000 pixels wide across recommended sizing).
(6) If you are submitting a website or motion graphic, ensure that a url to the project or a movie file is uploaded.
(7) Additional text is required to be considered for any or all of our National Awards of Excellence.
(8) You must submit 3 projects to be considered for a Regional Award of Excellence.
Award-winning creative professionals from across Canada will select the winning work. Students are eligible to win up to 2 Awards ($2,000).
RGD will notify winners in August. Winners must be Members of RGD for the coming year to claim their Award.
10 AWARDS OF SPECIALTY ($1,000 each)
50 Carleton Award for Logo Design - any project that is intended to represent and identify a company, product, service or organization and its essence graphically to be applied consistently across all visual materials representing that company, product, service or organization.
Bell Media Agency Award for Motion Graphics - any project that uses digital techniques such as animation, infographics, photography, video, 3D, typography, sound and/or narration to tell a visual story.
Cineplex Digital Solutions Award for Information Design - any project that involves the design of clear, concise and visually attractive materials that enhance how people read, understand and use complex and/or detailed information. This might be an editorial layout documenting a complex issue, a user guide for completing a difficult task, a website presenting a range of statistics or a detailed map.
Cundari Award for Advertising/Promotion Design - any project created to promote a specific business, program, event or special offer. This can include self-promotion or client-based work.
Entro Award for Placemaking Design - any project that helps build community through design interventions. This might be a poster for an event, a website for a tourist destination, a wayfinding system for a university or the design of a retail space.
Milestone Integrated Award for Digital Marketing Design - any project designed to sell a product or service through a digital platform. This might include a company website, an email campaign for a new product or an app or a contest advertised through Facebook or other social media.
Parcel Award for Print Design - any project designed to be presented in the print medium. This might include a magazine, book, a poster, brochure, an invitation or postage stamp.
q30 design Award for Brand Design - any project that involves a visual set of associations representing a company, product, service or organization. This might include a visual identity system applied to a business card, stationery and promo materials, a packaging system for a line of products, a visual identity system applied to a retail environment, delivery trucks and staff uniforms, or a visual identity system applied to the website and promotional materials for a conference or other event.
SapientNitro Award for Interaction Design - any project designed to satisfy the needs and desires of people using a digital product, environment, system or service. This might include a website, an app, a game, an interactive advertising campaign or the user interface for a handheld device.
Shikatani Lacroix Award for Packaging Design - any project designed to enclose, protect and promote a product for sale. This might include the labelling on a beer bottle, packaging inside a CD case, the wrapper for a chocolate bar or the packaging system for a line of cosmetics.
- BOLD Award for Accessible Design - all projects will be judged based on the application of accessible design principles in the development of the design solution.
- Forge Award for Typographic Design - all projects will be judged based on the strategic and effective use of typography in the development of the design solution.
- Gravity Inc. Award for Social Good Design - all projects will be judged based on their value to the community and innovative solutions to solve local or global challenges.
- Haft2 Award for Use of Colour - all projects will be judged based on the strategic and effective use of colour in the development of the design solution.
- Tamm + Kit Award for Strategic Design - all projects will be judged based on the description of the project and its goals and how these were achieved through the design solution.
- Usability Matters Award for User Experience - all projects will be judged based on the application of UX design principles in the development of the design solution.
- Berlin Communications Award for Central Canada (Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba)
- Cinnamon Toast Award for Eastern Ontario
- Intent Award for the Greater Toronto Area
- lg2 boutique Award for Quebec
- Quarry Award for Western Ontario
- Rethink Award for BC
- Studio123 Award for Northern Ontario