The sooner you complete the certification process, the sooner you'll be able to experience all that it means to be a Registered Graphic Designer while continuing to pay a much lower fee. After you have 10 years experience, the full RGD dues rate of $335 comes into effect. (Provisonal RGDs also now receive 50% off the application fee.)
Other reasons to become a certified RGD:
- Signify your commitment to professional growth, accountability to client needs and willingness to adhere to ethical practices.
- Being an RGD provides opportunities for exposure, from being profiled on RGD’s website and e-newsletter, writing case studies, speaking at events and judging awards.
- RGDs receive opportunites to connect with clients and employers with "bring a client/employer" sessions at DesignThinkers; free webinar passes; template press release and letter that can be sent to employers upon receiving the designation.
- Being an RGD provides multiple opportunities to connect with the community, reviewing portfolios, sitting on Committees, participating in advocacy, contributing to RGD design projects and being a mentor to emerging designers.
- Successfully complete the process by July 31, 2015 and receive FREE two-day registration to the 2015 DesignThinkers Conference, including an invitation to the VIP Speaker Welcome Party.
- Check out 'Why RGD' articles from Members for more reasons to complete the process
The process to become certified involves submitting an online form and rationales for 6 portfolio pieces. Once eligibility is determined, you will be invited to complete the 75 minute open-book online test and participate in a 30 minute virtual portfolio interview with 3 members of RGD's Portfolio Evaluation Committee.
What if I am unsuccessful in getting certified on my first try?
Provisional Members who are deemed ineligible or who do not pass the Certification Exam will be provided with feedback and have their Provisional Membership extended for an additional two years.