Before RGD, there was no survey to explain what Canadian designers were earning. No Handbook outlining best practices for Canadian designers to run businesses. No annual conference for Canadian designers. There were no guidelines for accessible design. Most importantly, before RGD, there was no government-legislated, standardized certification process for graphic designers in Canada.
This year, RGD will offer new milestones. The first Canadian awards recognizing in-house designers. A new interactive tool to help with various situations where spec work is requested. A new edition of our national salary survey. More refinements to RGD's Certification process.
An individual is invited to join as an Affiliate RGD (those with less than 8 years education and experience, join as a Prov RGD) to support our initiatives and receive access to a range of benefits listed below. (Or consider Corporate Membership for your entire Creative Team.)
Benefits of Membership include:
- access to RGD's weekly webinars
- free copy of publications incl. the new edition of the RGD Handbook
- discounted rates to attend DesignThinkers and other RGD events
- 100% off RGD Certification fee
- three free job postings on RGD's job board
- free subscription to Fast Company
- discounts to enter RGD Awards Programs
- identifier logo to post online and in promo materials
To learn how to better explain these benefits to convince your employer to fund your membership dues, click here.
Check out RGD's accomplishments from 2015 and plans for 2016 here.