Details for RGD’s 17th annual DesignThinkers Conference have been announced!
Check out the 2016 event schedule to see who is speaking each day and for a rundown of the presentation topics confirmed so far and details on additional programming.
Now in its 17th year, DesignThinkers is the only Canadian conference focused exclusively on graphic design and visual communications. The conference offers in-depth discussions into developments and the future of design and design thinking, helping delegates strengthen their ability to develop effective communications and facilitate innovation through design.
"It’s a great conference because people talk more about their thinking, strategy and process than just about the work," explains a 2015 delegate & Knowledge Manager at the Martin Prosperity Institute.
In addition to four keynotes, conference sessions run concurrently in four streams - Inspiration, Strategy, Trends and Interactions - allowing attendees to select presentations most suited to their experience and interests. Session options include:
- Paola Antonelli, Sr. Curator of Architecture & Design at MoMA & founding Director of Research & Development
- Ashleigh Axios, Creative Director & Digital Strategist at the White House
- Jake Barton, founder of Local Projects, which has designed interactive experiences for the 9/11 Memorial Museum & BMW Guggenheim Lab
- Connie Birdsall, Global Creative Director at Lippincott behind visual identities for Coca-Cola, eBay, FedEx & Starbucks
- David Carson, legendary art director of influential magazines Ray Gun
- Cory Doctorow, science fiction author, activist and journalist
- Tobias Frere-Jones, designer of typefaces, including Interstate and Poynter Oldstyle & Gothic
- Kenya Hara, Japanese designer of the opening & closing ceremonies of the Nagano Olympics, Art Director of Muji
- Steven Heller, author/editor of over 170 books on design
- Erik Kessels, Dutch co-founder of ad agency KesselsKramer
- Steve Powers, graffiti artist with the alias ESPO
- Erin Sarofsky, titles designer for Captain America: Civil War, Ant-Man & Community
"The diversity of speakers is incredible. The international content made it really compelling. Couldn't be more comprehensive. Bravo!” said DT15 delegate and Designer at CAMH.
For information on travel discounts with Air Canada, Porter Airlines and ViaRail and accommodation discounts, click here.
For full pricing details and to register, click here. Early Bird rates are available until October 2.