Toronto, ON (July 28, 2016) – Over the past decade, design has been transformed, possibly more than any other discipline or profession – from the on-going, rapid advances in technology and how we communicate with one another to the widespread acceptance of design as a positive force for business and social change.
RGD’s 17th annual DesignThinkers Conference offers insights from industry pioneers and emerging vanguards into the evolution of the profession, now and in the future. Designers attend to learn new skills, expand their knowledge and prepare for a future that necessitates they tackle ever more complex challenges. They’ll leave inspired, with an expanded understanding of the power of design and their roles as designers.
With over 2,000 attendees, 30+ speakers and presentations in 4 streams (Inspiration, Strategy, Trends and Interactions), DesignThinkers is the largest event of its kind in Canada.
DesignThinkers 2016 Conference
Thursday, November 3 and Friday, November 4, 2016
See the schedule here
(Design Educators Conference on November 5, 2016)
Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
1 Front Street East, Toronto, ON M5E 1B2
- Paola Antonelli, Sr. Curator of Architecture & Design at MoMA & founding Director of Research & Development
- Ashleigh Axios, Creative Director & Digital Strategist at The White House
- Jake Barton, founder of Local Projects, which has designed interactive experiences for the 9/11 Memorial Museum & BMW Guggenheim Lab
- Connie Birdsall, Global Creative Director at Lippincott behind visual identities for Coca-Cola, eBay, FedEx & Starbucks
- David Carson, legendary art director of influential 1990's magazine Ray Gun
- Cory Doctorow, science fiction author, activist and journalist
- Tobias Frere-Jones, designer of typefaces, including Interstate and Poynter Oldstyle & Gothic
- Kenya Hara, Japanese designer of the opening & closing ceremonies of the Nagano Olympics, Art Director of Muji
- Steven Heller, author/editor of over 170 books on design
- Erik Kessels, Dutch co-founder of ad agency KesselsKramer
- Steve ESPO Powers, notorious graffiti artist with the alias ESPO
- Erin Sarofsky, titles designer for Captain America: Civil War, Ant-Man & Community
- ...and more!
To book an interview with a DesignThinkers speaker, reserve a media pass for the event or request graphics, please contact:
Michelle Pereira Hampton, Director of Communications, RGD
E: ; T: 1.888.274.3668 x26