Near the start of a new year, RGD invites you to reflect on RGD, consider the value it offers and join as an Affiliate Member (no eligibility requirements) or Prov. RGD (design grads with 0-4 years experience) with the option to become a Certified RGD down the road!
Before RGD, there was no survey to explain what Canadian designers were earning. No Handbook outlining best practices for Canadian designers to run businesses. No annual conference for Canadian designers. There were no readily-available, free guidelines for accessible graphic design. Most importantly, before RGD, there was no government-legislated, standardized certification process for graphic designers in Canada.
Anyone can join as an Affiliate RGD (those with less than 8 years education and experience, join as Prov RGDs) to support our initiatives and receive a range of benefits listed below. (Or consider Corporate Membership for your entire Creative Team.)
Benefits of Affiliate Membership include:
- access to RGD Webinars
- discounted rates to attend DesignThinkers and other RGD events
- 100% off RGD Certification fee ($169.50 - includes 13% tax)
- access to 500+ online videos from past DesignThinkers presentations, webinars, etc.
- discounts including on stock photography, magazine subscriptions, UX training, fonts and GoodLife Fitness membership (45% off)
- three free job postings on RGD's job board
- discounts in RGD Awards Programs including the In-House Design Awards
- identifier logo to post online and in promo materials
- become a certified RGD before April 1, 2017 to receive free registration to DesignThinkers Vancouver
- join the RGD Book Club
- become a mentor (Certified RGDs only) or mentee (Prov. RGDs only) in our Mentorship Program
- request funding from RGD for local design events
- access to Scholarships
- add more information to your Designer Directory by including links to your LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter accounts, as well as images of your work (Certified RGD & Prov. RGDs only)
See a full list of RGD Member benefits here.
To learn how to better explain these benefits to convince your employer to fund your membership dues, click here.
Check out RGD's accomplishments from 2016 and plans for 2017 here.