Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager – Design & Wayfinding.
- Overseeing, co-ordinating and managing various activities of the Design & Wayfinding Section to support the graphic communications/design and publication needs of the TTC
- Acting as the main point of intake and consultation for internal clients; and managing design resources to ensure alignment of resources to corporate priorities and established design and brand guidelines
- Co-ordinating assignment and workflow of projects to the designers, ensuring effective assignment, scheduling and tracking
- Co-ordinating the involvement of other departments participating in various projects, ensuring adherence to established guidelines, policies and principles of best practice design
- Establishing relationships and contracts with external vendors and arranging work to be sent to outside suppliers as needed
- Reviewing and analyzing management/productivity reports and responding as necessary through improvements to methods and processes; and ensuring quality control practices and procedures are in place and followed
- Assisting the Manager with the preparation of the section’s capital and operating budget, costs and performance measures; monitoring performance and initiating action as required; and advising on technological advancements in the field
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Completion of a degree/diploma in Graphic Design, or a related field, combined with 10 years of directly related work experience
- Strong background in design; and good knowledge of graphic communications processes, practices, methods, equipment, materials, etc.
- Knowledge of business administration concepts and practices, and budget principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant graphic imaging technology; and understanding and experience in multi-media and digital design
- Working knowledge of computer applications related to the work, such as Adobe Suite, etc.
- Good project management skills, including demonstrated experience in managing designers
- Sound judgment; highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills; demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills; and good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Experience working with communications, marketing and/or agency colleagues is beneficial
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $80,007.20 - $100,027.20* (Level 9) – 35 Hour Work Week
Deadline to apply is April 26, 2017
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
For more details and how to apply, please visit our website at www.ttc.ca.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.