Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
Job Description: You’re artistic, innovative and a strategic creative professional who loves to produce quality work aligning with current cultural trends. You thrive in both digital and non-digital platforms, and can execute on a wide spectrum of complex and time-sensitive design projects, from concept to delivery. You enjoy what you do, and you also want your career to make a difference in the world. You want to be part of an exciting, award-winning international organization that provides life-saving assistance to people in emergencies, fights global poverty & injustice and engages Canadians in global issues & events that impact millions of people.
World Vision Canada is looking for a savvy Designer to join our internal Creative Solutions team. We care about what we do, work hard and think creatively about engaging Canadians across the country. In lending your inspired talent and expertise to the team, you’ll have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for some of the most vulnerable children on the planet.
- Designing amazing creative for a range of media (print & digital) that meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Passion for brainstorming ideas with the skill to mock them up.
- Upholds creative standards; schedules, and research.
- Act as a brand champion, ensuring that all created materials adhere to appropriate World Vision Canada branding.
- Organize files and digital assets as required.
- Ability to shift priorities, multi-task and complete projects as the work landscape shifts.
- Relevant post-secondary degree in a related field, with 5+ years design experience & a strong portfolio.
- Strong creative thinker, ability to conceptualize vision and brand.
- Ability to think strategically through a creative brief, conceive creative concepts and translate into a visual format.
- A hybrid designer with a strong passion for both print and digital design.
- Advanced proficiency in current industry software including Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- A technical background would be helpful: knowledge of HTML5/XHTML/CSS, content management systems. A familiarity with website programming languages is a significant asset.
- Ability to create wireframes, user flow and site maps to communicate interaction & design ideas.
- Excellent pre-production skills to produce quality print deliverables.
- Strong project management skills, organized and deadline driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, collaborative team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate creative ideas.
- Self-motivated, meticulous with a strong attention to detail.
- Positive attitude with an ability to build & maintain team rapport.
- Strong work ethic.
How to Apply: World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website: https://can851.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/wvc/Posting/View/808
Application Deadline: June 7, 2017