RGD invites nominations for the annual DesignThinker of the Year Award, honouring design-driven business in Canada.
Deadline for Nominations: August 17, 2018
The DesignThinker of the Year title is awarded to Canadian chief executives who have incorporated design and design thinking into their organizations to achieve business objectives and drive innovation. This year we once again call on designers to tell us about deserving candidates.
"Design thinking and innovation is often a huge contributor to the success of businesses or organizations, large or small, " says Wendy Millard RGD, President of RGD. "The DesignThinker of the Year Award is a great opportunity to honour the leaders of these Canadian organizations who continue to invest in the design of their brand, and to encourage others to do the same."
If you are a Certified RGD that has worked with, or for, an outstanding business leader who demonstrates a passion for design thinking and innovation, nominate them using our online form by end of day August 17. Tell us why you believe this person deserves the award and provide examples showing the organization’s design effectiveness.
The Award-winner will receive their Award on stage at DesignThinkers (October 24-25 in Toronto) and be featured in a video documenting their thoughts on design. The Award-winners’ nominators will receive free tickets to DesignThinkers 2018 TO and have the opportunity to present the Award on-stage at the event.
• Nominees must be corporate leaders who work for companies, organizations or institutions based in Canada
• Nominations must be submitted by Certified RGD Members
Criteria of Evaluation
• Quality/Relevance: Client influence on the quality and coherence of submitted work
• Commitment: Sustained commitment to and regular client of design
• Respect: Client respect and confidence in the work of designers
• Strategy: Client use of design to drive innovation
Contact RGD’s Executive Director, Hilary Ashworth, at email@example.com.