If you want to unlock your design potential, have a can-do attitude and grow in a team environment, then this opportunity is for you!
Strategy Institute, North America’s strategic business information resource is seeking a highly motivated individual, looking for a challenging role in a casual and creative work environment.
The Opportunity and Your Career
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing, developing and executing multiple original creative designs and layouts for direct marketing and communications materials that support the company’s marketing objectives. These include brochures, advertisements, online vehicles, HTML, CSS, on-site signage, and other collateral.
This is a challenging position where you will get a chance to apply and learn new design skills. We are looking for a candidate who is committed to their professional development and will see this as an opportunity for growth.
We offer a prime downtown location in Canada’s best loft space and arts building (401 Richmond West). We are proud to offer a diverse work environment, positive corporate culture, casual dress policy and an environment that encourages teamwork and open communication. We provide ongoing training and mentor support.
- Develop and execute multiple original creative designs and layouts for direct marketing communications material
- Collaborate fully with marketing managers and product development team members to meet project objectives and deliver strategic and creative concepts that are engaging, response motivated and relevant to a variety of diverse target audiences.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material, photos, copy, and select style and size of type
- Effectively handle multiple projects that meet high standards for quality, timeliness and are produced as cost efficiently as possible.
- Outstanding organization of the production process with respect to hard-copy files, computer files and maintenance of the workspace
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
- Highly proficient use of Adobe Indesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver is a must.
- Minimum one-year design, copy-fitting and production experience.
- Proficient in creating, editing, modifying, colour correcting digital images and flash animation creation is an asset.
- Experience in typography, text placement, visibility and visual flow.
- Creative team player with the ability to function as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Possess high energy and work well under deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects is a must.
- Ability to take constructive feedback from multiple internal clients.
About Strategy Institute
The Strategy Institute is an independent, research-based organization offering senior executives, government officials and professionals information and intelligence to enhance their decision-making and competitive advantage. We function as a think tank, operating on the cutting-edge to discover global trends, identify critical issues and report on the latest developments in business and the public sector.
Compensation: This is a full-time position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
You will be added to a medical and dental benefits plan after your first three months. This position includes two weeks paid vacation per year.
Your Next Step...
In your cover letter, please indicate the position you are applying for and where you saw this advertisement.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.