About the role:
Accedo is looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX/UI designer to join our North American team based in Toronto.
At Accedo you will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplined design team delivering feature rich design and innovative user experiences for smartphones, tablets, Smart TV’s, gaming consoles and media devices.
The working environment is international and challenging, giving you the possibility to evolve your skill set whilst working with new technologies and exciting customers and partners like HBO, Fox, Discovery, Spotify, CNBC and many more.
We strongly believe in career development and building a forward-thinking environment that is based on collaboration, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Design and execute all aspects of user experience and interface design. From creating IA, pageflows, wireframes, UI mockups, and prototypes for various applications including video-on-demand, live TV, sports and news apps.
- Design for iOS, Android, Smart TV, STB, Windows, Web, game consoles and other media devices.
- Lead design effort on multiple projects and ensure their successful completion
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the team and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Communicate directly with our customers, participate in design workshops and attend on- and off- site meetings with them.
- Perform user testing and other activities to gain knowledge from our end-consumers.
- Research and develop new user experience concepts.
- Work closely with developers to understand technical capabilities and performance limitations.
- Produce sales and marketing collateral in digital and print media form for Accedo’s corporate use.
- Lead all phases of creative work from requirements gathering and concept exploration through to visual composite production.
- Assist the Creative Director in reviewing work and providing basic feedback when necessary on all projects.
- Guide and mentor more junior team members in developing their creative talent.
- Seek opportunities to provide value-added suggestions for businesses and clients.
- Ensure that all deliverables are provided on-time, on-specification with the project plan, as coordinated with project stakeholder (exercise good time and project self-management).
- Being a reliable colleague and strong team player, contributing to the success of every project and individual, and contribute positively to the culture and atmosphere at Accedo.
- Demonstrating professionalism at all times and being a great ambassador for Accedo with clients, on-site, and at all industry functions and events.
Skills and Requirements:
- Design related diploma or degree
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite, Sketch. AfterEffects is a plus
- Good understanding of UX principals
- Print design background is a plus
- Solid team and communication skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love UX challenges.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to learn new tools and guidelines quickly
- Work with a multicultural dynamic team with creative professionals from around the world, inspiring and motivating on all design aspects
- Design for leading edge technology on ALL platforms available in the market (iOS, Android, Windows, SmartTVs, Apple TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, Virtual/Augmented Reality…)
- Games room with Foosball, HoloLens, Xbox, Vive, etc.
- GoodLife membership, corporate benefits, and various social/team events
To apply, please follow the link: https://emp.jobylon.com/jobs/