Bitmaker is looking for a part-time UX Design Instructor with 5+ years of design experience.
Bitmaker is Canada’s largest technology skills accelerator.
Startup accelerators launch companies. We launch careers. It starts by surrounding you with a cohort of highly motivated, entrepreneurial learners and a team of tech industry leaders. Then we teach you the skills top companies are looking for and give you the confidence you need to grow long after your course is over.
Our team is comprised of top industry veterans who have experience at Shopify, Wealthsimple, Wave, 500px and Pivotal Labs. With top instructors comes top results. Over 90% of our hundreds of full-time graduates launch a career in technology within 3 months of graduating. We believe that in the right environment, you can do anything.
You will join the amazing UX Design instruction team at Bitmaker in either its full-time or part-time programs. Students join Bitmaker program to augment and add skills, with the purpose of improving their existing career or start into an entirely new UX design career. Through the combination of immersive education and career support, over 90% of Bitmaker’s full-time students start new careers through the program.
At Bitmaker, instructors:
- Provide mentorship to students
- Contribute to our curriculum improvement process
- Deliver great lessons and workshops
Various commitments are available to instructors. Please indicate in your application which of these commitments best fits your schedule:
Deliver interactive, engaging lectures in the full-time class. This session runs from 10am to noon every weekday in the 9-week immersive program.
Work closely with the students with personalized feedback and assistance. Afternoon sessions run from 2pm to 6pm every weekday in the 9-week immersive program.
Deliver compelling lessons and conduct learning exercises in the part-time UX program. Teach engaging workshops to prospective students. Provide 1-on-1 instruction to students through office hours for the full-time or part-time programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare for and deliver compelling lectures to students
- Work with the instruction team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Guide students through the creation of a project portfolio that will showcase their abilities Inspire students to learn from constructive feedback and overcome creative roadblocks
- 5+ years of design experience, with at least 3 years in UX design
- Up-to-speed with the popular tools in the workplace like Sketch, Framer, and InVision
- Previous teaching or mentorship experience
- Strong presentation skills
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive rates in line with many quality design positions Meaningful work, impacting the careers and lives of hundreds of students per year