RGD invites nominations for DesignThinker of the Year Awards, honouring design-driven businesses in Western Canada.
DesignThinker of the Year is awarded to Canadian chief executives who have incorporated design and design thinking into their organizations to achieve business objectives and drive innovation.
"Design and design thinking are often major contributors to the success of a business or organization, large and small, " says Wendy Millard RGD, Chair RGD's PR Committee. "The DesignThinker of the Year Award is a great opportunity to honour the leaders of Canadian organizations who continue to invest in design, and encourage others to do the same."
We invite any design professional to nominate an outstanding business leader from Western Canada who demonstrates a passion for design, design thinking and innovation using our online form. Tell us why you believe this person deserves the Award and provide examples showing the organization’s design effectiveness.
The Award-winners will receive their Awards on stage at DesignThinkers 2018 VAN (May 29-30 at the Vancouver Playhouse). The Award-winners’ nominator receives 2 free tickets to DesignThinkers and has the opportunity to present the Award on stage at the event.
• Nominees must be leaders who work for companies, organizations or institutions based in Western Canada (BC, Alberta or Saskatchewan)
• Nominations must be submitted by February 2, 2018
Criteria of Evaluation
• Quality/Relevance: Client influence on the quality and coherence of submitted work
• Commitment: Sustained commitment to and regular client of design
• Respect: Client respect and confidence in the work of designers
• Strategy: Client use of design to drive innovation
Click HERE to submit a nomination! Deadline for submissions is Monday, March 12 at 11:59pm PT.
Questions? Contact RGD’s Executive Director, Hilary Ashworth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.