The Graphic Designer will provide superb multi-skilled graphic design support in both digital and print applications for Sinai Health Foundation and Sinai Health System.
Sinai Health Foundation & Sinai Health System
Mount Sinai Hospital Campus
One-Year Contract Position
Temporary Full Time Hours (subject to change): 37.5 Hours per week; due to nature of position additional hours may be required.
Salary Scale To Be Determined
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centres, and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Mount Sinai Hospital has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally. Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health System comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex; Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute- from healthy beginnings to healthy aging. These organizations have come together to combine acute care, rehabilitation and complex care, home care, and other community-based services all fuelled by world-class research. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from compassionate care to scientific discovery.
The Graphic Designer will be able to provide superb multi-skilled graphic design support in both digital and print applications for Sinai Health Foundation and Sinai Health System. With direction from the Senior Graphic Designer, the Graphic Designer will support the design and production needs for both the Foundation Communications & Marketing and Corporate Communications teams.
The successful candidate must have some experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and have knowledge of production and maintain a high level of artistic standard. They will also act as a brand champion and steward when working with clients across the entire Sinai Health System organization. This important role helps connect people to the Sinai Health brand through visual storytelling, so experience articulating a brand story both online and offline is a must. The successful candidate also thrives on creativity, teamwork and is looking to join a high-functioning team that understands the medium and style that will meet the client’s objectives. The individual has experience in concept development, knowledge of common industry software & applications, workflow management, file preparations & specifications, file retrievals and vendor relations.
Graphic Design (Digital & Print)
• Using Adobe Creative Suite to develop and design print materials such as publications, brochures, signage, event materials, advertising, promotional items, donor proposal renderings and corporate identity projects & templates
• Create concepts, artwork and layouts for Sinai Health Foundation’s and Sinai Health System’s digital properties including web, intranet, social media and other digital needs as required
• Maintain design production list
• Participate in production meetings to ensure workflow efficiencies and appropriate resourcing
• Work with external vendors/freelancers when required
• Provide production support on assigned projects. Typical duties include workflow management, vendor negotiation, print buying, stock selection, quality control and logistical coordination.
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Lead, Communications & Marketing
• Successful completion of a College diploma/University degree preferably in Graphic Design, or a related field from an accredited educational institution.
• Minimum of three (3-5) years of related experience preferably within a large, dynamic agency or not-for-profit environment.
• Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite to design in a Microsoft Windows environment preferred.
• Experience with Net Community/Blackbaud or other database management products and software an asset.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner; respectful and service oriented to clients, volunteers, and peer foundation and hospital staff.
• Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.
Please apply via link below: