Reporting to the Associate Dean, this exciting role requires the successful candidate to provide an invitational learning environment to deliver courses in the Graphic Design program including but not limited to web, mobile and print platforms, Motion Graphics, User Experience, as well as other multidisciplinary courses within the Media Division and College as appropriate.
The Professor position is responsible for providing academic leadership and developing an effective learning environment for students. This includes designing, revising and updating courses/curriculum; teaching assigned courses; consulting with stakeholders (faculty, community and industry partners); defining course objectives and evaluating student comprehension of objectives; utilizing a variety of instruction medium /resources; and providing individualized instruction where necessary. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required qualifications include:
- A three-year/advance diploma or degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- At least five (5) years of experience in a design studio or freelance environment with a portfolio of published work
- Strong design skills in a different communication methods in both digital and print platforms
- Ability to develop online solutions using WordPress
- Strong understanding of User Experience(UX) design theory and application
- Skilled in traditional design theory including typography, 2D and 3D design
- Indication of contribution to a strong team environment and positive work culture
- Proven commitment to student success and working with diverse student populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
Preferred candidates may also possess:
- Proficiency at HTML5, CSS3 and ability to edit PHP scripts
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Project management experience or supervisory experience in multiplatform design
- Expertise in curriculum design and development
- A Masters in Design Arts related area
- Experience with Blackboard and/or relevant Learning Management Systems
You can apply online here. Along with your resume and cover letter, please include a link to an Online Portfolio or attached PDF portfolio.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (ie: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/ca/).
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Consultant.