One Year Contract - Position will support the execution of OTF’s Knowledge Mobilization Strategy, developing knowledge products and supporting learning and knowledge sharing both internally and externally.
Ontario Trillium Foundation is one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $136 million, OTF awards grants to some 1,000 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
Reporting to the Director, Partnerships and Knowledge Mobilization, the Digital Product Designer will support the execution of OTF’s Knowledge Mobilization (KMb) Strategy, with a focus on developing knowledge products and supporting learning and knowledge sharing both internally and externally.
This position will appeal to a highly-skilled design professional with the passion and expertise to deliver best-in-class digital communications products across multiple mediums and technology platforms. This person will be able to provide project management support in a lean and fast-paced environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Designing, creating, contributing to and/or writing digital content for primary distribution on OTF’s online Knowledge Centre, including, but not limited to, infographics, podcasts, short animations and videos, webinars, and webpages
- Working with OTF’s Strategy Leads and Measurement, Evaluation, and Business Intelligence team members as key Subject Matter Experts to capture and share key learnings in OTF’s Action Areas, Measurement and Evaluation, and Open Data
- Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to plan and execute the creation of digital products
- Maintaining and enhancing technical knowledge by attending digital design workshops and/or reviewing professional publications for current and emerging best practices
Skills and Attributes:
- Skilled and knowledgeable, with solid, hands-on experience in developing top-notch online digital products of all kinds (websites and pages, reports, presentations, e-learning content, tip sheets, infographics, podcasts, animations, videos, webinar content, etc.)
- A strong eye for design and an understanding of editorial processes: from typography and layout to colours and hierarchy, you have a detail-oriented foundation that applies to everything you do as a digital product designer
- You present fresh ideas and innovative approaches to the team – a problem solver
- A passion for helping the non-profit sector in Ontario mobilize knowledge around best practices to help increase impact in communities
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
Experience and Education:
- A university degree or a diploma in graphic design and/or video/audio production, communications, marketing, or a related field, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience
- Similar experience in a comparable organization (government, government agencies, not-for-profits, private sector) is essential for this position
- Advanced-level experience with the Adobe Creative suite is required, with knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition preferred
- Experience with podcast and/or animation/video production preferred
- Strong understanding of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and how it relates to creating fully-accessible digital content
- Bilingualism (English and French) preferred
- Portfolio with relevant work experience and examples
Directions for application:
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online.
The closing date for this posting is Wednesday, March 21, 2018
For more information please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.