Graphic Design Lead - Vancouver
Big things are happening to the Hootsuite brand in 2018 and we need a confident, egoless lead designer with passion, grit and determination to help bring the vision for our brand identity to life.
Who You AreReporting to the Creative Lead, the Design Lead is responsible for developing and realizing the visual identity of Hootsuite, leading design on large and small campaigns, and providing consistent and detailed coaching, feedback and mentoring to our internal design team, as well as working with our outside contractors and agencies.
You’re passionate about all things design, whether it’s nerding out on type and color, providing art direction for web or motion, or collaborating with our product teams to ensure consistency and quality with our visual language. You’re not afraid to get in the weeds with our talented design team, always available for in the moment feedback and collaboration.
You have 5+ years of experience in design with a mix of agency and in-house experience, and have played in the tech/SAAS space, with 2 years as a design lead. Your portfolio should blow our socks off.
- Combine conceptual thinking and design expertise to deliver on marketing strategies
- Partner with stakeholders throughout marketing to deliver exceptional creative in line with creative vision, direction, and brand guidelines
- Perfectly marry the beauty and simplicity of design with purpose-built application that is customer-centric
- Develop creative campaigns to elevate the Hootsuite brand
- Partner with the Creative Lead, UX Lead and Content Lead to inspire out-of-the-box, high quality creative while driving efficiency and productivity
- Ability to look at the bigger picture and solve problems efficiently
- Support other design team members through discussion and collaboration
- Communicate with leads and/or program managers to anticipate, resolve, and prevent errors in design and workflow
- Coach, develop, mentor the design team
You're Great At
- 5+ years working as a designer in-house or with an agency
- Degree or diploma in Communication/Graphic Design or portfolio demonstrating equivalent work experience with excellence in visual and creative design
- Giving your design decisions meaning through strong conceptual thinking
- Embracing data and insights to make design work better
- Understanding advertising, design, and creative principles for digital and print
- Multi-tasking and working efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Basic understanding of CSS, HTML, web and email technologies and comfort working with developers on these tasks
- Highly motivated – a self-starter who will flourish in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Experience with or knowledge of motion design is a huge plus
- Experience in a Tech/SAAS Marketing environment
- Digital Illustration skills
- Photography skills
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply at online here.