Better data. Better decisions. Healthier Canadians.
Who we are
For over 20 years, CIHI has been a recognized leader in Canada’s health care system. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners, we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include:
- Competitive salary structure
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job
- HOOPP Pension Plan enrollment
- Leave entitlements
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
As a valued member of the CIHI team, your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s Health Care system. We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. Our national team of over 700 highly dedicated professionals are a critical element of meeting our strategic goals and fostering a fun, innovative and engaging work experience.
About the Role
The Team Lead, Creative is responsible for supervising CIHI’s in-house creative team. This role will oversee the accurate and consistent use of CIHI brand standards across all products and platforms. The Team Lead maintains collaborative and positive connections with the business areas and provides technical guidance and consultations on potential creative treatments, processes, standards, work plans and timelines.
We are looking for individuals who can contribute to:
- Providing leadership and guidance to the in-house creative team. Supervise, coach and monitor workload and performance of staff to ensure quality, consistency and accuracy of brand and service-level standards. Contributes to staff's professional development by providing effective performance feedback– conducting performance management reviews, creating learning opportunities for developing skills, and providing knowledge and expertise.
- Championing the creative process and ensures design consistency across all platforms. Provides advice on branding for CIHI’s digital properties and expertise for brand implementation on both desktop and mobile devices. Leads the development and maintenance of CIHI’s graphic standards guidelines, visual assets, design templates and policies. Consults with experts (internally and externally) as required to help inform decisions.
- Facilitating the development, implementation and continuous improvement of operational processes, best practices, tools, equipment and systems related to design services. Regularly monitors and evaluates these systems for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participating in meetings with cross-functional project teams to gather product information, determine scope of work and identify key project interdependencies. Provide input into the development of work plans, schedules and resource requirements. Support the implementation of project plans including providing status updates and prioritizing workload. Identify issues and make recommendations for resolution. Keep manager informed and escalate issues as required.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues and staff. Work collaboratively with the other team leads. Maintains excellent knowledge of CIHI products and services.
- Assisting in recruiting qualified staff and providing orientation and training. Participates in the selection and evaluation of external contractors.
- Acts as a corporate resource to provide advice and guidance related to branding. Works collaboratively with SEO, UX and web development teams on digital designs. Keep current with creative trends, technology and best practices.
- Assisting the manager in the department's strategic, operational and budget planning processes. Provide support for departmental and/or branch activities, projects or strategic initiatives. Act as back up to manager or other team leads in department during absences.
- Performing other duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design, advertising, marketing or a combination of education and experience in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in digital design, publishing, a creative agency or a marketing/communications environment.
- Ability to supervise a team and build a positive work environment including coaching, mentoring and performance management. Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust priorities to meet deadlines while working under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including designers, UX professionals, developers, content writers and subject matter experts.
- Proven planning, problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with highly developed interpersonal skills. Values autonomy, openness, collaboration, experimentation and learning.
- Ability to adapt to change and the evolving needs of the organization.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Experience with content management systems and multimedia is an asset.
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals and principles. Familiarity with digital marketing, social media, eMarketing and content creation, including experience with wireframes and wireframing tools.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
At CIHI, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our “Careers” section.