Junior Designer - Vancouver
TBA Digital is looking for a junior designer!
Reports to: Art Director(s)
- Designing responsive websites, mobile apps, CMS systems, 2D animations/videos and branding elements.
- Work with direction provided by Producer / Art Director to create cutting-edge, effective graphics.
- Develop creative concepts and solutions to deliver key messages effectively.
- Continually explore new design techniques and solutions; keep abreast of new developments in technology such as Augmented Reality.
- Contribute to all aspects of the design process including research, wireframing, concepts, full mocks.
- Ensure that the creative direction of specific projects is maintained in all graphics you prepare.
- Conduct development research and testing as directed by project Producer, Art Director and / or Technical Director.
- Alert Art Director and Project Manager to development issues with specific projects; provide suggested solutions.
- Be attentive to graphic inconsistencies and / or issues; alert Art Director.
- Quality Control and proofing of all graphics.
- Ensure delivery deadlines are met, allowing sufficient time for Quality Assurance Process; do what is necessary to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Organize and maintain graphic project folders; ensure all files match the project flowchart and are up-to-date and labeled clearly.
- Ensure all files and file folders are named according to our naming conventions.
- Maintain constant communication with Project Manager as to the project status.
- Ensure your time is being tracked accurately and you are logging time in the correct project.
- Alert Studio Manager / Project Manager when all your tasks are complete and you are ready for a new assignment; ensure all billable tasks are completed before moving on to non-billable tasks.
- Seek opportunities to develop skills / conduct research when all tasks are complete.
Note: Billable projects take priority over all other tasks / projects.
- Diploma from a noted school of design and / or 1 year design experience working in a studio.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. After Effects, Indesign, Sketch or 3D software is a bonus.
- Understanding of different digital media.