Digital Designer - Toronto
The Works Design Communications is a full-service studio with expertise in brand development and stakeholder reporting, serving some of the world’s best companies. Our passionate, diverse and committed team is made up of subject matter experts, consultants, designers, writers and strategists who come together to create great work with purpose.
The Works’ custom-built offices sit in the heart of Toronto’s Corktown, just minutes from some of the best markets, parks and dining in the city. With all the bells and whistles of a brand new space, The Works’ studio comes with extras that keep our award-winning team smiling through their sweat – above and beyond the all-you-can-drink coffee.
This is not a nine-to-five kind of place and knowing that we make sure we offer some pretty awesome perks. Summertime rooftop BBQs (yes, we have a deck up there), kitchen bake-offs, and the occasional beverage cart are a few ways we keep the creative juices flowing at The Works. We support a limited flexible hours policy to encourage interests outside of what’s in your inbox. We trust that pride in producing great work means you recognize when the work-life balance shifts. We are a dog friendly workplace, and there are a few of them here. Some of them are big so we hope you are okay with that.
We need a talented Digital Designer with at least 5 years experience especially with video editing & animation/motion experience. You are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite Applications, HTML5 and CSS3 in a Mac OS environment. You’re current with software across both online and print platforms, and you really care about the details of design. Sometimes we will need you to wear other hats so you’ve got to be good in MS Office, too, including PowerPoint – sorry about that – but your real best friends are wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps. Still, you also know and love typography, photography, and all the other elements that make great design. Occasionally, a site launch will take us beyond 9 to 5 and you’re alright with that.
What will you be doing, specifically?
- Interpret and work within a creative brief, present your ideas and promote best practices to peers and clients
- Create excellent functional designs that deliver a great user experience – on brief and on budget
- Plan, create and work with site maps, wireframes, and other information design documents for websites
- Work with the Art Directors on executing concepts and participate in concept and design reviews
- Provide information and mock-ups for clients
- Adhere to schedules, deadlines and budgets
- Maintain current information on dockets and digital timesheet
- Stay current, informed, networked and inspired through industry associations, conferences, design resources, etc.
What experience, special skills and personal traits do you absolutely need?
- At least 5 years experience as a digital designer
- Minimum 3 years experience video editing & animation/motion experience
- Experience creating web graphics, animations, user interfaces, icons, style sheets, colour schemes, templates and layouts for website projects
- Familiarity with a wide range of production techniques and best practices in print and online media
- Wire framing, animation/video editing (Premier Pro, Adobe Animate, After Effects)
- You thrive working with others and enjoy the challenges of producing great work with a creative team.
If you’ve got what we are looking for in a Digital Designer and like the sound of how we work, then we want you to send us your portfolio, cover letter (really important to us!), resumé and salary expectations to . We appreciate all interest but cannot respond to all applicants. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our website: www.worksdesign.com and follow us on twitter.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, The Works Design Communications will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.