Creative Designer, Trade - Toronto
Moosehead Breweries is currently looking for a Creative Designer, Trade to join our team in Toronto, ON at our Liberty Village Sales & Marketing office. This individual will be passionate about creating best in class promotional materials for our retail and beverage-service customers.
Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada's last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
You, the Creative Designer, are responsible for working with our sales and marketing teams to develop assets for key promotional activities; from interpreting briefs, to designing the assets, to managing all production. This role will help create creative materials that include, but are not limited to: sell sheets, brochures, tent cards, in-store POS, internal communication deliverables, event assets, online creative, and other marketing materials as requested.
You are a detail-oriented individual who has a passion for brand design. You review all content to ensure brand standards are met, have an eye for copywriting and punctuation, and most importantly design assets that will impact our presence in the market.
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to execute a wide variety of promotional assets
- Oversee the internal briefing process; review for completeness and quality
- Advise on best practices of effective design; identify current and ongoing areas of improvement
- Act as a brand steward for our portfolio of brands
- Manage relationship with suppliers
- Provide training and mentorship to the team to elevate the quality of design work
- Review and proofread material for accuracy
- Commission illustrators, photographers, and third-party resources when required
- Develop and maintain a filing system for all documents and brand assets
- Implement time management strategies to complete project requests on time
- Minimum of 3 years in Design, Art or Advertising at a college or university level; and/or a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience as a Graphic Designer or Creative Professional
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience with print production and ability to prepare a finished project for commercial printing
- Strong communications skills, with an ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Experience in maintaining brand guidelines
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or quality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong attention to detail
- Graphic Design
- Creative Thinking
- Project & Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Photography an asset
- Communication skills
- Copy writing
- Experience in working with cross functional departments
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume using the reference Creative Designer Application in the subject line to .
Will be asked to present a portfolio of work.
Moosehead Breweries Limited appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.