We are looking for an individual who lives and breathes design-led thinking, and is used to life embedded inside of a marketing and/or creative team. You should understand well the ongoing trade-offs between time-pressured initiatives and high-quality, professional design. This is an individual contributor role that will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Strong typography and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must.
- Execution and production of print and digital assets to ensure accurate, on-time delivery within tight deadlines, applying style/brand guides and templates where applicable.
- Scheduling and coordinating with several stakeholders to deliver multiple requirements for multiple items depending on daily needs.
- Prepare deliverables for handoff to internal client teams, external vendors or media partners.
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for a variety types of printing and finishing.
- Image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation when needed.
- Create presentations and PDFs for client review.
- Resolve and troubleshoot any artwork or technical issues that may arise during production, including IT issues, corrupt files, printing, server, etc.
- A smart, passionate, fantastic designer!
- Able to translate complex ideas into compelling visual stories.
- Unafraid to push boundaries while understanding what it takes to reinforce consistency and brand.
- Well-versed in the pace and needs of an executive and marketing team.
- Experienced with taking a single creative concept and making it work across multiple mediums.
- Able to balance multiple ongoing projects with various stakeholders.
Attributes for Success:
- As we work in a fast-paced environment, the ideal Production Designer will have experience in both digital and print media and be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new project.
- Work simultaneously on 5+ items (eg, presentation, handout, website, etc), while staying on deadline and keeping communication lines open with the team.
- Consult with marketing, creative, and leadership teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our corporate culture and goals.
- You have the ability to reinvent yourself, as we find ways that we can do things better.
- Proactive self-starter – we hire folks who have a deep desire to do better and be better, you won’t be micromanaged.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive feedback from peers and leadership.
- Able to collaborate around content strategy and marketing/user impact.
- We have many strong cross-discipline Designers who can mentor you, and you will likewise have the opportunity to share your skills and knowledge with the Creative team.
- We’re always open to new ideas and appreciate creativity (we want to hear your voice).
- We have a variety of programs that help everyone share knowledge and learn from one another, including several initiated by our own staff (Ex. Rangle University, Lunch and Learns, Hack Nights).
- We encourage everyone to attend a conference every year (and we pay for it), so you will learn more about our technologies and subject area domains.
- Preferred: Degree/Diploma in Fine Art, Graphic Design, or related discipline.
- Understands colour management in print and digital.
- Strong production design portfolio.
- Passion for branding and design with an eagerness to collaborate with other creative people.
- 2+ years related experience, especially with Sketch, Invision Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Nice to have: Principle, SketchUp, animation skills, video editing.
You can apply online here.