Baustein Design Inc. is a small design studio with large national and international clients. We are in immediate need of a junior / intermediate web designer / web app designer.
You must have a diverse portfolio showcasing your talent for creating clear and modern layouts; in addition, the successful candidate will have strong html / css / WordPress (custom coding) skills, a strong work ethic (being on time every day, respecting common workplace rules regarding social media, texting, blogging, etc) and able to communicate clearly since this role might involve direct client contact.
We are looking for either a freelancer who is able to come in to the studio occasionally or someone looking for a 2 to 3 months contract (part time or full time). Even a co-op student might work however, you must be able to work independently as our team unfortunately does not have the time to train. Compensation based on experience.
- Must have an eye for clean, modern design & layout
- Photoshop and Illustrator experience required
- Understanding that personal use of social media is for after hours
- Solid understanding of latest web standards, responsive design and best practices
- Print design (InDesign) experience would be 'a nice to have' but not required
- Must be punctual, dependable and able to work independently, able to deliver on tight deadlines
If you are qualified and still interested, here is what you need to do:
EMAIL your resume, a short cover letter, samples of your work in PDF format and links, availability and salary expectations to Walter Drexl at (no phone calls please!)
Only applicants with the necessary skills and qualifications will be considered / and contacted.