Cygnus Design Group Inc. is a professional design services organization and a national leader in providing communication solutions for the built environment. With offices across Canada, we work within a range of distinct but closely related fields encompassing wayfinding, environmental graphic design, industrial design, brand implementation, and architectural signage.
We are looking for an intermediate Communication Designers to help grow our Toronto office and support our national team. You can find out more about our work at cygnusgroup.ca.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing graphic, communication and signage solutions for organizations within the corporate, hospitality, healthcare, education, and cultural sectors. We envision this as an opportunity for experienced individuals to demonstrate leadership skills contributing to increased responsibilities and levels of compensation.
- Preparing design documentation to include; 2D/3D renderings, design strategy presentations, concept designs, and design development documents
- Illustrative activities including accurate modification of existing design solutions and creation of visual documentation
- Assisting with and assembling budgets, reports, and schedules
- Assisting with and assembling project documentation including; location plans, message schedules, and signage specification drawings
- Sourcing and specifying materials and products. Arranging couriers, ordering samples and supplies
- Preparing and assembling visual elements of proposals
- Organizing design assets
- Managing team communications and coordinating with clients, consultants and fabricators
- Issuing and organizing project documentation
- Promote the company in a positive manner and being involved in office activities, initiatives, and the design community
- Degree or diploma in architecture, interior design, graphic design, communication design, or industrial design
- Minimum 2-year experience working in the design industry in freelance and/or studio environments
- Capable of developing design strategies incorporating visual communication systems
- Proven conceptual design and skills in 3D renderings and client presentations
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software on a Mac, including Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino and/or Solidworks
- Able to read and interpret architectural plans and work with imperial and metric scales
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work directly with clients
- Reliable, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Able to follow direction and manage projects independently or as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and can work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication methods and construction techniques is an asset
- RGD designation considered an asset
Salary range expectations are appreciated in a cover letter.
Benefits available after probationary period