We invented the world’s first wi-fi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation of technology that is connecting the home. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
Who Are You?
You’re a talented designer with a solid understanding of what makes a compelling web experience on desktop, mobile and devices in between. You enjoy collaborating with others to take a project from high-level requirements to an engaging customer journey. You have been the go-to designer through the conception, build and release of features large and small for other websites, and thrive in a fast-paced agile environment.
What Will You Do?
- Design interactive experiences for ecobee’s corporate website which work well on various devices and screen sizes, with a focus on high conversion and engagement
- Collaborate closely with designers, developers, product managers, and copywriters to design, test and iterate on features for both residential and commercial customers
- Be comfortable communicating ideas to a group of internal stakeholders, explaining rationale behind design decisions and integrating feedback
- Help build and evolve the ecobee design system, working closely with team members to produce consistent colour palettes, component libraries and other branded elements
What Experience Do You Have?
- 1-2 years of industry experience in responsive web design
- Degree/diploma in interactive/graphic/UX design, or related field
- Solid working knowledge of design systems/pattern libraries, accessibility standards, information architecture, etc.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, and providing guidelines and assets required for implementation
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates an understanding of good user experience design, pattern libraries and design documentation
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, with good organization and time management skills
- Skilled in Sketch, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, and InVision (Zeplin, Jira an asset)
- Experience working on an e-commerce platform or subscription-based service preferred
- RGD certification, animation or front-end development experience considered an asset
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you and see your work! You can apply online here.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.