Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership located at 489 Queen Street East, Toronto Ontario is looking for a Motion Designer to join our growing creative team in designing and developing Quick Service Restaurant marketing materials, reporting directly to the Art Director, Cineplex Digital Media.
- Work closely with Senior Designers and Art/Creative Directors in ensuring that assigned creative meets business objectives
- Interpret briefs, scripts and stories in a visual & creative way
- Create visual storyboards for concepts and pitches
- Ensure consistency in quality of output and adhere to brand standards
- Contribute to the creative team’s concept development & ideation
- Manage creative files / assets
- Ensure final deliveries meet all guidelines and specifications.
- Follow internal processes
- Expected to articulate design decisions and rationale
- Submit daily time sheet detailing work execution
Education and experience:
- Diploma in Graphic Design, Broadcast, Art or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in motion design in a professional environment
- Meticulous design skills, down to the pixel
- Expert with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator (Cinema 4D considered an asset)
- Familiar with leading-edge plugins and utilities for motion design
- Knowledgeable of post-production workflows and file formats
- roven examples of working with a singular brand across multiple touch points / campaigns
- Creative individual who thinks outside the box
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure in a fast-turnaround environment
- Never-miss-a-deadline attitude
- Excellent typography and design aesthetics
- Able to take criticism and apply accordingly to improve
- Thrives in a team environment, but can also work independently
- Experience / comfort working for an in-house creative team
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Knowledge of French (written and verbal)
- Experience developing creative for Quick Service Restaurant clients
- Strong illustration skills
- Provisional RGD designation considered an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
If this is you, send your resume and portfolio sample/link to . Please apply with relevant portfolio samples/or portfolio link and resume in PDF format. Applications without portfolio samples will not be considered.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 11,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.