Uncharted Software is a world class group of creative, passionate software inventors, builders, and thought-leaders dedicated to the art and science of visual analytics. Being a part of the Uncharted team means the opportunity to work on the toughest and most interesting data-driven challenges. See first-hand how innovative, visual software can make a difference in the everyday lives of investigators, analysts, and decision-makers seeking understanding in complex, high stakes situations.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our in-house design production team. You will create designs that elevate, differentiate, and operate on-brand and on-strategy for our company and product marketing teams. To be successful in this role, you need to have strong creative and technical skills, be able to handle multiple projects at once, and see projects from ideation through to production. Working out of our downtown loft-style offices, your responsibilities will involve:
- Develop, maintain, and uphold our brand family visual identities and guidelines
- Create print and digital designs that are consistent with our brand guidelines for company and product marketing needs
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Sr. Graphic Designer and the design team to support design needs and ad-hoc requests
- Take ownership of tasked projects from conception to production, including requirements gathering and interfacing with external suppliers
- Implement content updates to our company and product websites
- On occasion, assist in application design through iconography creation or developing existing wireframes to full designs reflective of our brand system
- Provide status updates on your projects and be able to offer and receive constructive feedback during design critiques
- Deliver on commitments in a timely manner while working independently and as part of a small agile team supporting larger design initiatives
Required experience and qualifications:
- 3+ years working on branding and marketing designs
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Post-secondary education in design (or equivalent) with a strong portfolio incorporating modern aesthetics
- Knowledge of digital design process and best practices, including responsive design, and basic HTML and CSS
- Current knowledge of the design culture and industry trends
- Ability to switch gears quickly in response to changing company priorities
- Patience, diligence and curiosity to help you understand internal and external client needs
- Inspired and incisive copywriting skills is an asset
- Experience in the software industry is an asset
- Provisional RGD designation considered an asset
To work at Uncharted you must be able to meet Security Clearance Requirements including a Police Criminal Background Check.
No agencies or phone calls please.