Design de Plume Inc. is looking for someone with innovative skills and knowledge to interpret clients needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. They will work on a variety of digital and print products, including websites, books, branding, brochures, business cards, posters, social media campaigns, artwork, etc. with our team and on their own.
Salary: Commensurate w/experience
Location: Sudbury, ON
- Confidence in presenting and explaining ideas to clients and colleagues.
- Strong aesthetic sense.
- Extraordinarily organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong multi-tasker and able to balance multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in project, schedule, and idea shifts.
- Strong understanding of web development, HTML, CSS and how to design for such purposes including responsive design.
- Illustration skills considered an asset.
- Photography skills considered an asset.
- Videography skills considered an asset.
- Passion for learning new skills and techniques.
- Graduate of a post-secondary graphic design program.
- 1 to 3 years experience in a design position.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Expertise in WordPress.
- Digital design experience (UI/UX).
- Member of RGD and Sudbury Design Society considered an asset.
- College Diploma in Graphic Design.
- Interpret design briefs and provide project insights.
- Issue weekly status updates.
- Estimate project time and update project manager.
- Provide creative design(s) that meet client needs.
- Create presentations and rationals of created materials for approval (external/internal).
- Adhere to budget and timeline schedules.
- Interpret constructive feedback in your design process.
- Proof-read your own work and correct errors.
- Create final files that are error free and following file-naming requirements.
- Assist in updating social media and website with current projects and news.
- Enter all hours accurately in time-keeping system (completed daily by end of day).
- Actively participate in weekly staff and project meetings and creative-led conversations.
- Support Design de Plume’s overall culture, values and mission.
- Contribute to an environment that is clean, efficient, professional, proactive, and team oriented.
- Indigenous cultural knowledge and sensitivity considered an asset.
- French basic spoken and written skills considered an asset.
- Position looking to be filled immediately.
- Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
About Design de Plume Inc:
Design de Plume Inc. is a national, Indigenously-owned communication studio that uses design to address the creative needs of business and organizations throughout North America.
The Design de Plume team has a national reputation as a leader in Indigenous design and innovation.
Design de Plume is a fast paced work environment with tight deadlines on occasion. We have a supportive collaborative team to help each other with the work load. We also support autonomous problem solving and encourage our staff to create and express their own solutions.
We offer a competitive benefits package and pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. We especially encourage applications from Indigenous individuals to apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.