We are a Toronto-based Urban Design and Planning consultancy with approximately 70 staff from diverse professional backgrounds including architecture, economics, landscape architecture, planning, public administration and the visual arts. This diversity allows us to meaningfully integrate planning and design to evolve and transform communities. Our work occurs at may scales and in many diverse places and includes the preparation of community and institutional master plans, downtown revitalization strategies, waterfront renewal, development planning and policy plans. We have clients across North America, in the UK, the Caribbean and Asia. We are located on the top floor of a sunlit, post-and-beam former knitting factory at Queen W. and Spadina Ave, in Downtown Toronto.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Layout and production of documents such as proposals and project reports
- Creating compelling digital materials for web and social media sites, as well as client presentations
- Developing visually engaging panels, bulletins and other communications materials for public information events
- Crafting diagrams and data infographics for special projects, including time line schedules, organization and flow charts
- Video, post-production and animation
- Photoshop before and after renderings and other high quality presentation renderings supporting specific project goals
- Implement content updates to our company and project websites
- Maintenance of the firm’s digital image library
The selected applicant must have successfully completed a degree or collegiate program in Graphic Design from an accredited institution. Applicants should be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, video editing software, Powerpoint and other Microsoft Office applications. Provisional RGD designation is considered an asset.
As our office is an open workspace, this role requires a collaborative spirit and ability to work closely with team members on a regular basis. The ability to successfully multi-task and adjust to shifting priorities and timelines is essential. The successful candidate will also demonstrate an interest in urbanism and city building to best assist us to convey project intentions and messaging regarding these important themes.
At Urban Strategies, we believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish. As an equal opportunity employer, we know that an environment that fosters diversity and inclusion can access the untapped potential that lies in our workforce and stimulate innovation. Please visit our website at www.urbanstrategies.com to learn more about our firm. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio of related design work to . Please do not contact individuals by phone or email.