In our pursuit to drive measurable, predictable marketing ROI, we have created a different kind of agency. We’ve built our team (located in London, Toronto, and Calgary) out of individuals that share our passion for transparency, innovation, and results. Our team is full of thought leaders and challengers, creatives and builders.
Our passion and dedication has lead us to many successes with our team, clients and across the country. We are proud of all of our accomplishments including:
- Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Winner, 2017
- The PROFIT 500: Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, 2017
- Excellence in Human Resources Finalist, London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, 2017
A Senior Designer has a high degree of technical proficiency in the Adobe Suite. A Senior Designer is expected to have a well rounded skill set in all aspects and disciplines of design. An understanding of UX principles for online design is required. This includes website design, landing page and display ads and social media design. Experience with logo design, packaging, print and the development and application of brand /logo guidelines is expected. Working with the direction of a Creative & Art Director, and independently, there should always be a focus on the client needs as outlined in the Creative Brief. The ability to interpret these needs creatively and to work as part of the team to deliver superior solutions is key.
Senior Designers will assist in leading the Creative team from a conceptual and client facing standpoint. Coaching members of the team to reach their fullest creative potential will be an integral part of this role. The Senior Designer will assist the Associate Creative Director in cultivating and inspiring the creative team to produce transformational creative work, ensuring design integrity on all deliverables.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design projects within established brand standards and style guide for print and digital media
- Develop creative concepts for marketing initiatives
- Work on designs for multi page documents, multi-touchpoint campaigns, print and digital ads, graphics for social media and more
- Update and maintain graphics on all digital and web entities including corporate website, microsites and landing pages
- Remain abreast of trends in design and technology to ensure creative solutions are relevant and reflective of the Arcane brand
- Own projects from concept development to completion
- Work collaboratively with Creative Team members to deliver projects on time, on budget.
- Designing for web/mobile and responsive development
- Creating social media graphics to support content
- Preparing high-quality, digital and print-ready deliverables for handoff
- Foster a positive and productive work environment that places a premium on ideas, creativity and innovation; encourage initiative and forward-thinking among team members
- Set a positive example for and help coach the Creative team on all aspects of the creative industry, including production, time management and industry best practices
- Occasionally assist the Creative Director in the delegation and prioritization of work
- Assisting in the selection of new hires and interns, including reviewing applications, conducting interviews, selecting successful candidates and completing intern reviews
- Continuous knowledge sharing of industry updates, trends and best practices
- Act as a Creative team point of contact for the organization
- Ideation of creative concepts, providing creative direction to the team
- Assist in review and approval of completed work
- Occasionally assist in quoting client projects, including specifications and costs
- Work with cross-functional teams to educate and familiarize with creative concepts and timeframes
- Actively support new business opportunities with documents and creative updates
- Assist in managing projects, bringing a creative presence and awareness of the project expectations
- Assist in coordinating and occasionally lead weekly creative team project planning meetings
- Provide Account Managers with strategy and rationale to support provided creative work.
- Presenting creative, and communicating objectives and technical specs, all in the name of a client facing brand experience
- Provide sound rationalizations of creative work to present to clients or help Account Managers in selling work new concepts
- Support in ideation process once business is won
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of creative industry experience, agency environment is preferred
- This role requires the ability to encourage collaboration with others to find solutions
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new digital and creative trends & to educate others
- Organizational, time management and leadership skills are essential to this role
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly to colleagues and clients in both verbal and written form.
- Effectiveness at cross-team collaboration – including working with development and DM teams
- A combination of creativity, design, technology, passion and skill, with absolute drive to deliver solutions and execute projects to plan and on time
- The ability to produce unique creative concepts while taking into consideration budget and timelines.
- Experience designing for digital marketing, social media, websites with consideration of user experience.
- RGD designation considered an asset
Arcane is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.