Regulatory, Compliance & Governance Technology
Based in Toronto, Canada with operations expanding rapidly into the United States and Europe, Thentia offers a range of enterprise technology solutions designed specifically for regulation, compliance and governance needs across a variety of professions and occupations.
Thentia has consulted with both self-regulated and private business clients to develop a sophisticated process; ensuring our custom regulatory solutions are designed, architected and quality-assured in a timely and professional manner. We also employ former regulatory professionals as we know their expertise and insight is invaluable to ensure all variances in client legislation and process are understood and represented accurately.
With a significant share of the professional regulatory market in Canada and key business compliance clients both in Canada and around the globe, we continue to learn, adapt, and expand the scope of custom capabilities to meet the niche requirements of our industry.
Every organization is unique, and our mission is to constantly improve and refine our platform by keeping pace with changes in regulatory practice and supporting technologies, and to provide complete solutions that are secure, user-friendly, responsive, comprehensive, and accessible.
It’s an exciting time in RegTech/FinTech as the digital revolution has fully taken hold and design and innovation are at the forefront. You will be part of developing our design practice, as we pave the way for existing and new product offerings.
The ideal candidate is someone who can bring ingenuity and apply a proactive approach to solving meaningful design problems through innovation and design thinking. Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We encourage hybrid talents with multidisciplinary expertise.
Reporting to the VP + Chief Design Officer, you will be responsible for defining, evangelizing, and driving the implementation of the overall design vision for Thentia’s products. You will contribute towards Thentia’s visual design principles and will maintain visual design frameworks for all our products.
You have deep experience and practical expertise in Mobile User Interface Design. A balanced understanding of strategy, usability, interaction, and visual design is a must. You obsess over details that impact the experience as a whole and insist on iterating until we’ve gotten it right. You see feedback as a good thing. You’re a great story teller who is at ease presenting and discussing work with clients and stakeholders. You will mentor, guide, and provide support for members of the mobile visual design team. We are looking for a profoundly engaged and experienced leader to spearhead new creative and strategic thinking.
You know the experience design process and develop a complete range of visual design artifacts. You are adept at working with multiple stakeholders and comfortable working collaboratively with development team members, as well as those from diverse disciplines and industries.
• Collaborate closely with the VP + Chief Design Officer, developers, etc.
• Effective communication of conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design approaches/rationales
• Participate in design reviews and iterate based on feedback and creative direction
• Oversee project visual design deliverables all the way through execution
• Ensure quality assurance of all creative deliverables
• Working closely with the CDO to ensure feasibility of designs
• Ideation, concept development and experience innovation
• Stay abreast of current design methodologies, practices and trends
• Participation in observational studies, usability testing and other user research
• Experience designing interactive experiences for in-browser and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
• Knowledge of iOS and Android Human Interface Guidelines
• Comprehensive understanding of interaction and UI design
• Passion for creating simple and stunning visual design solutions
• Ability to translate conceptual ideas into compelling user experiences
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to ask good questions and communicate effectively both written and verbally
• Ability to communicate ideas to a diverse audience and constructively integrate feedback
• A conceptual thinker with proven problem solving skills
• Ability to see the ”big picture” and hone-in on the details
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well in a team environment
• Proficiency with design tools as such as Adobe’s Creative Suite, PowerPoint/Keynote, Invison, Sketch, Zeplin etc.
• Strong portfolio that showcases your understanding of user-centred design
• A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media, Web Design, Information/Business Technology, or related field
• Motion design or videography
Some reasons you’ll want to join us
• Competitive Salary
• Growth-minded company
• Full health and dental coverage
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM
Please send a link to your portfolio along with your resume.
At Thentia, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.