This role will support the design team in creating digital design assets; such as website development, digital campaign materials/social posts and presentation decks. This role must be a comfortable developing smaller WordPress sites (front and back-end) and working with our trusted partners on larger sites that require more intensive back-end development. Working knowledge of preparing files for print is an asset.
You must have experience developing in WordPress as well as experience working in Sketch and InDesign. Exceptional problem-solving and conceptual skills and the ability to work well in a team environment is essential.
This is not a designer position.
- Extensive experience in After Effects and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Sketch and InVision
- Proficiency building in WordPress, HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of mobile-first design & best practices
- Experience working in PowerPoint and Keynote
- Working knowledge of Premiere Pro, InDesign and Illustrator is an asset
- 3–5 years of experience as a developer
Skills and interests:
- Have a flexible and open-mind, with a collaborative approach to the development process
- Superior communication and organization skills
- Excellent time-management skills and able to work efficiently
- Amazing attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Staying current on the latest software, computers and online developments
Management of Technology:
As a small studio, we do require assistance in the following from time to time. We would like to note that this is not a
major part of the position as most of these tasks happen infrequently.
- Identifies areas for improvement in technology at Underline
- Management, operation and maintenance of all studio technologies to ensure IT systems operate reliably to meet the needs of all departments
- Manage network equipment and troubleshoot any networking/internet related issues when they arise
- Troubleshoot any minimal computer/software related issues as required
- Manage domains, web hosting and email accounts
- Keep all WordPress installs and plugins up-to-date and free of any viruses/exploits
- Archive old jobs to free up space on the server
- Maintain regular backups of all website content, files and databases
Regretfully, we can only reply to potential candidates. No phone calls please.