Graphic & Web Designer - Mississauga
Obsidian Group Inc. is a management company formed in 1996 to develop, market, and manage hospitality and real estate interests.
With its rock solid foundation Obsidian Group Inc.’s future can only be described as unlimited.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to marketing management.
- Conceptualize original design ideas, imagery, user interface that bring simplicity and user friendliness where necessary under each concept.
- Make content edits and additions where needed.
- Create small project wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate web based interaction where needed.
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Assistance in project scheduling/implementation and defining budget constraints.
- Working with a wide range of media and using graphic design software; primarily Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Thinking creatively and developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by developing print-ready documentation for production.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Assists in the completion of projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. alongside the marketing manager, as required.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies and researching graphic trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The ability to create custom designs for print and packaging, including window displays, in-store signage and POS, billboards, menus, stationary, social media posts, custom store artwork and various packaging projects for multiple brands.
- The ability to bring many outsourced capabilities in house, and maintains an awareness of current social media, web, and software trends.
- With direction from the Brand Marketing Managers and Operations team, the Graphic Designer will create innovative artwork that is in line with our brand standard & vision, and customer needs.
- He/she must be able to work closely with all levels of the organization.
- Daily interaction with marketing management executives, social media management and other designers.
- Prepare and present print projects at various stages of the design process to Vice President of Operations and Senior Marketing Manager.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Other duties assigned.