We need a highly-motivated, talented and ambitious graphic designer to help launch a branding and identity overhaul, and contribute to ongoing marketing communications efforts that will take our company to the next level.
This is not an entry-level design role. You will be the design engine for our company.
Yes, as the sole full-time designer here, there will some last-minute projects and minor day-to-day tasks but there will also be big and exciting projects with a lot of latitude given to apply your style and vision to. From our top-level brand strategy, to the labelling and packaging of our products, to our social media presence, to the presentations, webinars, and collateral we use to talk to the world about what we do. And probably about a hundred other things we're not thinking of yet, but that you will.
Working with the Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for directly impacting the company’s image, expanding our market presence and exposure, and ensuring that our sales teams, channel partners, and customers are equipped with the tools to do their best work. This is a big job, but a great opportunity to make a huge contribution in an exciting industry. If you’re an original thinker and idea generator, who has a deep passion for design, can translate creative concepts into visually compelling layouts, if you prefer to look for new areas to improve and add value rather than wait for things to come into your inbox, if would like to be a part of dedicated, and multi-disciplinary team, then we would love to talk to you.
ABOUT MMB NETWORKS
MMB Networks is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Toronto, and a leader in Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. MMB offers wireless hardware, including ZigBee and Thread modules, gateways, and development tools — all powered by our RapidConnect interoperability software. RapidConnect is an embedded application that powers a new generation of connected products from smart door locks to residential solar energy systems to intelligent hydration trackers for professional athletes.
With clients ranging from innovative startups to global household brands, strong strategic partnerships with key industry players, and leadership in major international standards bodies, MMB Networks offers its employees an uncommon breadth of exposure, experience, and leadership as well as a close knit, dynamic, and fun work environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be our primary design lead for all creative projects, from concept to execution.
- Contribute to the overall marketing communications strategy for MMB working closely with the Marketing Commuincations Manager and CMO.
- Helping with planning and prioritizing creative/technical project work requests
- Maintain and evolve company-wide identity system, standards, assets, and collateral.
- Develop and execute creative deliverables — both print and digital — including sales-support material, presentation decks, technical documentation and case studies, tradeshow booth graphics, email campaign graphics, and investor communications.
- Provide creative input into UX/UI design concepts for our digital properties
- Develop product labeling, packaging design and other materials for MMB and our partners products.
- Jump in when needed and refresh, update and maintain websites, various online content,and other assets.
- Brainstorm new and innovative concepts for marketing/product materials always taking a customer-centric design approach
- Build and maintain clean, organized file system for collateral and assets
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external teams to execute projects
- Adhere to brand style guidelines to ensure consistency in work quality and branding
- Keep up with design trends and industry best practices
- Review printer proofs for colour accuracy and file integrity
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5+ years of experience in advertising, marketing agency, or in-house design studio
- College or University Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (you know which ones)
- Skilled with both Windows and Mac (but mostly Mac — we will give you a Mac)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and preferably insanely high proficiency with PowerPoint)
- RGD designation considered an asset
- Print and digital production and file preparation knowledge
- Experience developing materials for technically-oriented products and companies is an asset
- Working knowledge of standard CMS platform functionality (Wordpress, Drupal, Squarespace)
- UX and UI design or implementation experience is an asset
- Comfortability distilling data into visual formats and experience creating beautiful and easy-to-understand infographics and/or research reports
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Borderline clinically-obsessive attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills. We will help with content and copy, but it'd be great if you could get to a place where you could help write at least first drafts.
- Ability to multitask and work within tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm and passion for design, exploring new skills, and new technologies
- Positive, energetic attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter that has the ability to work independently
- Ability to take and give art direction and critique
- Positive attitude and feels there is no task too small
- Effective and quick problem-solver
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration
- A killer portfolio showing your progression throughout your budding career (Personal Projects are fine as long as they are awesome)
Interested candidates can apply on the MMB Networks' Careers page.