What we’re looking forWe’re looking for a rock solid, experienced Art Director to join our team. You will be given the opportunity to take the lead on a variety of projects with multiple outputs, challenging you to be versatile, nimble and up to date on current cultural and technological trends. While you won’t be directly managing anyone you must have the ability to show leadership from a problem solving point of view and as a senior member of the team. You must have the ability to work with our team and clients to ideate on user experiences, websites and campaigns, as well as contribute to strategic initiatives and find new opportunities for impact. Naturally, we’re looking forward to seeing a well rounded portfolio showcasing work that you have completed in the past.
You are a passionate, seasoned art director looking to take the next step in your career. You’ve worked in a few different industries and you’re looking for a place where you can apply what you’ve learned to a dynamic agency that is constantly striving to take things to the next level. You are an entrepreneurial self-starter, who is looking to push their skills to the limit to create beautiful, and thoughtful work for a host of exciting brands including BC Lotteries, Viacom, Arc’teryx, SAP, TELUS and many more.
You are platform agnostic and can create eye-grabbing experiences across any medium the brief calls for. You are experienced with marketing, branding, content creation and social strategies and have a desire to find a balance between creativity and innovation in the future of marketing.
You are curious and looking to expand your creative horizons. You want to be a part of team that is highly collaborative and equally passionate about the work they are doing. You work with intent and are always able to concisely articulate the “why” behind your work.
- 4+ years art directing/designing specifically for web, print and digital
- Previous agency experience or related industry experience
- Incredible attention to detail
- Up-to-date on current trends & best practices
- Passionate about creating amazing work
- Ability to communicate and defend creative decisions
- Must show leadership through your actions, attitude and work ethic
- Ability to present work and engage in thoughtful dialogue with clients
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take a strategy-lead approach to executing visual concepts
- Work with other team members and clients to help craft solutions that meet their goals
- Working knowledge and experience with motion design, ability to translate design concepts into storyboards
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience with Sketch, Invision, and other User Experience design tools.
- Drawing/Illustration and experience in traditional media production would be an added bonus
You must be willing to adhere to our five rules:
- Work Hard
- Be Nice
- Think Big
- Love Digital
- Have Fun
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for career growth
- Great health coverage
- The latest tools and equipment
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid closure over Christmas Holiday in addition to vacation
- Continued career development through conferences, events and continuing education
- A casual work environment where you can be yourself and your team members have always got your back
Does this sound like we’re talking to you?
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for please provide your online portfolio showcasing your work and share your CV with us: