Are you critical of typography and colour selection used in a brochure?
When you see a Photoshopped image, is your eye immediately drawn to the flaws?
Are you frustrated when the user experience on a website is not intuitive and simple?
Is your head filled with fresh ideas and you can’t wait to explore and bring them to life?
If so, you may have what it takes to join our team! SmartCentres is undergoing an exciting transformation. We are looking for a graphic designer that will set a high bar for design, creating beautiful imagery and compelling marketing content that inspires, informs and captivates.
We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas, play them back succinctly to ensure alignment and convert them seamlessly into cohesive print and electronic media designs. The ideal candidate has the ability to think about the big picture, the brand, and most importantly, the user – from concept to execution.
- Three or four-year Diploma/Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Graphic Design (with UI/UX knowledge an asset);
- A solid portfolio that demonstrates problem solving capabilities and showcasing well-executed marketing strategies;
Required Skills / Experience:
- Minimum four years of practical design experience, preferably with marketing/advertising agency background;
- Two to three years of practical work experience focusing in print, web and social media marketing;
- Experience preparing creative briefs and wireframes
- Extensive knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advance knowledge in Sketch and inVision
- Experience with email marketing (via MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of print design and print production;
- Strong typography skills;
- Copywriting experience an asset;
- Signage design an asset;
- Proven ability to meet with internal clients to determine the scope of the project and advise on strategies to reach a particular audience;
- Determine the main message that the design should portray, and design creative accordingly;
- Ability to take ownership and initiative over an assigned project, and take pride in their work;
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multitask and handle multiple deadlines;
- Clear and articulate communicator;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive feedback from peers and clients;
- Experience working in a corporate environment an asset;
- Familiarity with Real Estate marketing would be an asset;
- RGD designation considered an asset;
Responsibilities:The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical support to the Marketing department and/or project team;
- Participate in collaborative meetings to review and understand project scope
- Responsible for developing and executing a wide range of design projects (both in print and digital formats);
- Participate in corporate brand projects and assist in producing corporate identity items;
- Create graphic layouts for internal and external communication items including PowerPoint presentations, RFPs, lender packages, sales sheets, brochures, and corporate newsletters;
- Assist in the design and maintenance of various corporate websites;
- Produce and continuously update corporate and property level marketing material;
- Design collateral material for the ICSC, and other trade shows/corporate events;
- Design corporate advertising for print and event sponsorships;
- Participate in developing a corporate social media strategy
- Layout head office and property level internal and outdoor identity signage and retail displays;
- Provide artistic technical direction to vendors and consultants on various projects
The Graphic Designer must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Graphic Designer shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Graphic Designer shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Graphic Designer is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.