Talent is at the core of everything IPG Mediabrands does. We search the world for the best and brightest from all backgrounds, infused with an entrepreneurial spirit, talent who believes their best work comes from collaboration and a desire to win.
At our core is our belief in an inclusive culture where our diversity of thought is born out of a passion for creativity, a belief in our craft and strong desire to have FUN!
We are 9,500 marketing communication, media and technology specialists in more than 130 countries.
No matter where you are or what you do, we believe in building careers and providing experiences that change lives.
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?Media agencies are an integral part of the advertising industry, so we work fast to match its lightning pace. Tight deadlines, and quick-turn-arounds aren’t out of the ordinary, so our designers need to be dedicated, motivated, and excited about getting the job done—and most importantly, concerned with making it look awesome.
I CAN DO THAT! BUT... WHAT’S A MEDIA AGENCY?
We’re a crucial step in the advertising industry. If clients request the ads, and creative agencies create the ads, media agencies make sure you see the ads. Our media planners strategically plan and purchase media space (tv commercials, social media and digital ads, billboards, really cool brand partnerships, and way more) to target the right people at the right time.
ALRIGHT... SO WHAT DO DESIGNERS DO AT MEDIABRANDS?
A better question would be: what don’t we do. As part of an in-house design team, we’re here for (literally) whatever the agency and its clients want/need. We’re responsible for making the company and its agencies look as slick, professional, on trend and as amazing as possible. Projects can (and have been) everything up to and including:
- Epic PowerPoints (Not an oxymoron: a great designer can even make a PPT look gorgeous)
- Party/event design
- Presentation boards/other printed presentation materials
- Email blasts
- Social media creative
- Creative brainstorming
- Revamping & beautifying client-facing documents (Word, Excel)
- Literally. Anything. Else. We take any request thrown at us and figure it out!
AND THE SENIOR DESIGNER ROLE SPECIFICALLY?
- You’d work closely with the Design Director and/or Project Manager to lead multi-faceted design projects on tight deadlines
- Produce strong design concepts and directions under a variety of brand guidelines
- Develop unique “co-branded” design guidelines on a project by-project basis (merging two brands’ design styles into a single, cohesive visual language)
- Brief other designers on co-branded directions and actas ambassador for design quality/consistency through out project
- Review and provide feedback for other designer/freelancers’ work
- Ensure design quality, consistency, and delivery by project deadlines
- Liaise with outside vendors/printers to ensure delivery against project timelines
- Aid in the conception and execution of other design/branding initiatives (event design, print materials, internal culture initiatives, etc)
WHAT DO I NEED TO ROCK THIS JOB?
Software & Hardware:
- Be fluent with the usual suspects (Adobe Suite)
- Microsoft Office Suite: Be able to (or willing to learn to) make magic happen with programs not created for the task.
- Comfortable on both Mac & PCs
Skills & Attributes
- 3-5+ years of experience as a designer
- An eye for layout and typography, and creative flair
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in the management of design projects from concept to completion
- Fluency in a range of design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign— Premiere or After Effects a plus)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint specifically)
- You have a healthy respect for deadlines (and know 11:23 isn’t the same as 11)
- You read everything and pay attention to detail: please include your favourite ice cream flavour on your resume
- Knowledge of design for web & digital a plus
- You’re able to interpret facts, figures and data and turn them into visually appetizing design
- Comfort designing under tight deadlines
- Previous agency experience an asset
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
You can apply online here.