Borrowell has been named to the Fintech 100, a list of the top 100 fintech companies globally; Fintech of the Year (2018) at the Canadian Fintech & AI Awards; and a finalist for “International Innovator of the Year” by LendIt.
Borrowell is also one of the Best Places to Work™ for Women, Millennials and in Financial Services and Insurance, and has received wide recognition for its leadership in diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
Borrowell is looking to add a creative and passionate Product Designer to our growing team! Reporting to the Lead Designer, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the ideation and creation of our new product features. Working collaboratively with our Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams, you will help design, develop and test cross-platform digital products and user interaction flows.
- Work cross-functionally across our Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams, to help design products and user interaction flows
- Effectively communicate design ideas and rationale
- Facilitate screen designs (mobile and web) and help build new product features
- Champion design improvements to help exceed business objectives
- Understand our member base and create products that remove barriers and align directly with their needs
- Understand and apply industry best practice techniques and standards
- Participate in design sprints on a regular basis
- Use current data to make informative design decisions to maximize business performance
- 2 years of experience executing as a product or UX/UI designer
- Experience designing exceptional digital products (web and native mobile applications)
- Experience in both UX/UI design
- Strong understanding of the end to end product design process
- Design portfolio of successful products that you have created and implemented, focused on the business impact created
- Proficiency with current design tools (Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Passion for understanding and solving product issues with simple design solutions
- Experience working in teams, and having an understanding of Agile
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
You can apply online here.